Andi

I can't see. Everything is black. I can hear voices, but I can move or see. I pick out Andi's voice, along with Axel's. I hear an incessant beeping noise, and I'm warm.
   Slowly, I peel my eyelids back. I'm faced with bright lights. The feeing returns to my body, and I can move. I feel... strange. But good strange.
   "Hi, Sabrina!" Andi says. I hiss slightly, adjusting to the volume of her voice. Everything is louder than normal. And I can see really well. What happened? Why am I in the hospital?
   I look down, and I can't see my body. I start freaking out, and the heart monitor makes more noise. I move around on the uncomfortable bed, until I see what I hope isn't my body.
   I have a... tail? A red tail with a white tip. I look at my hands, which are now black and red paws. Crossing my eyes, I can see fine black whiskers and a red, white, and black snout. Axel holds up a mirror.
   I'm a fox? My mother wasn't lying in the letter? I'm a fox shifter. I yap a couple times and move towards Andi. She reaches her hand out, and I put my chin on her hand. She scratches my chin and behind my ears.
   I make a faint purring sound and close my eyes. I lean into her touch more. I think I might have a crush on Andi. I've been thinking about it since we met.
   I mean... her dark brown hair, her captivating blue eyes... how could I not have a crush on her? She picks me up and continues to pet me. I can feel the small chain of the necklace from earlier around my neck.
   I furrow my eyebrows and look up at Andi. She seems to know what I'm asking.
   "It's Friday afternoon. You missed school today." She says in a calming voice. I nod, glad that I missed detention.
   "Oh, and by the way, I'm a tiger shifter. Jonathan is a wizard, Lyla is a werewolf, Kai is an eagle shifter, and Chloe is a deer shifter. So we have our own little fancy group of weirdos."
   I shoot her a foxy grin. She carries me home, and Axel was stuck filling out discharge papers. Eventually she lets me down onto the floor. She shifts into a gorgeous tiger. The black stripes on her coat made her blend in to the trees, and I could tell it was her because of the tigers icy blue eyes. Her tiger is beautiful. Absolutely stunning. I've always liked tigers and foxes.
   When I get up to my room, I spend a few minutes figuring out how to shift back into a human. Eventually I get it, and after a lot of popping and cracking I stand naked in my room, with only my necklace on.
   I get dressed and add a necklace to the fox painting on my wall, along with adding a tiger painting with blue eyes. I could definitely get used to be supernatural.