Chapter 1 ~by vanillasuju

Another wasted round. He should just give up already he hears them mumble, but he gives them no mind.  Yesung can't lose, Yesung never lost.

He bangs his head against the table as the croupier collects the cards and chips in front of him and Siwon, the owner of the casino, whom he went against. Now after 4 losses and little money on his bank account, he thinks it might've not been such a good idea. The latter gives him a mischevious grin as if telling him 'i told you so' and went to talk to his partners who were sitting beside him.

I'll need another drink if I want to make it through this.He thinks to himself. He lifts his head and looks and calls out to a waitress that was slowly approaching the table he was at. With a small gesture to his now empty beer, the waitress replaces it with a new, full beer can and takes the credit card he had offered to her.

Jongwoon quietly pleads to himself that the card won't decline. He breathes out in relief when it doesn't and opens the beer can to drink from it and feels the cold liquid flow down his throat and clouding his mind with alcohol.

"Excuse me, sir." The croupier leans over to him and only now does he really look at the other. High cheekbones paint his face as he talks and did he really fucking dye his hair silver.

"Do you want to play again?" Jongwoon nods quickly and watches as the croupier distributes the card for a new round of poker. He'll win this round, he needs to win this round, needs to get his money back.

He throws a short glance to Siwon who is sitting across of him, a smug grin in place and Jongwoon would literally kill to take it off his face.

He decks up his cards, two Queens. The game goes on until the croupier shows the last community card. Two Queens, a spades 10, a spade Ace, a heart 8. Jongwoon's face lit up, all other active players folded except for Siwon.

"Raise." The young owner says as he places more chips in front of him, smirk still on place.

"Call," Jongwoon adds as he shoves his chips to the middle of the table. He watches as the croupier collects all of the chips and asks them to reveal the cards. He takes his eyes of the croupiers thin wrists and turns his own cards with a big smile on his face, confident over the fact that he got four of a kind.

He hears a light chuckle come from Siwon and tenses up. No way did he get better cards than him, right?

"Guess you aren't that infamous gambling King here anymore, Yesung."

"He cheated!" He slams his hand against the table, almost spilling over his and Heechul's drink.

"Calm down, calm down." Hyukjae, the bartender who was listening to Jongwoon's complete rant, says as he prepares the cocktail Heechul had ordered. "Why did you even give in to a new game. I thought you knew better."

"I don't know." Jongwoon sighs as he places his head on the counter. "I didn't think he'd have a royal flush! There is no way he didn't cheat, the possibility to get a royal flush is close to nonexistent!"

"You're being delusional." Heechul, who's sitting beside him, offhandedly comments as he takes a sip of the red coloured cocktail Hyukjae had handed him. "Catching someone cheating at poker is far easier than actually cheating. You as a gambling king should know this."

"Plus it was about time you lost, dumbass. Nobody can be a winner in gambling forever. You were just extremely lucky. How do you even plan to give them three-hundred-fucking-sixty million won by next month?"

"I'll gather it somehow." Jongwoon waves him off as he grabs his phone and calls a number.

"Hey Kai, it's me Jongwoon. Please call back soon your brother is being a pain in the ass." He turned off his phone and placed it in his pocket before looking to Heechul, who was staring at him with a questioning look.

"You called my sister?" The elder asked him to which he only nodded. "Don't involve her in your money problems, I already got to deal with enough shit with you constantly involving her in your life! I still wonder why I ever introduced her to you."

"I won't," Jongwoon states as he looks over to Hyukjae who was talking to two girls at the bar, "And we both know the only reason you haven't done anything against our friendship yet is that I'm gay."

Heechul laughs out but doesn't say anything to deny it, which makes Jongwoon smile a bit. He takes his phone out of his pocket again and looks at the screen. Two texts from Kairi.

Kai: Hey sorry can't listen to it rn
Kai: What happened?

Yesung: I'm with ur brother at hyukk's bar come over
Yesung: He's being annoying as always and not helping me with my problems

Kai: can't rn, what happened?

Yesung: lost four rounds of poker at the casino, now i'm in debt
Yesung: i need to figure out how to get 360 million won by next month but he's making me pay for his fucking drinks instead of helping me out

Kai: who did u play against

Yesung: i think his name was Choi Siwon? he's the owner of the casino

Kai: oh i think i know how you can pay back
Kai: don't worry jongwoon
Kai: i'll take care of it

"Dumbass," Jongwoon mutters under his breath as he reads through Kairi's messages.

"What happened?" Heechul asks confused as he leans to Jongwoon's side and looks at his phone screen. "Oh hell nah, you are not getting our money. There is no way in hell we have over 360 million won!"

Jongwoon ignores him and types several messages to Kairi back.

Yesung: take care of what??? u don't even have that much money, to begin with
Yesung: what r u planning??
Yesung: pls text back soon

He waits for ten minutes, then twenty, then forty and at some point, it turns to two hours and still no reply from Kairi.

"She must've turned off her phone." He whispers more to himself than to Heechul as he stares at his phone.

"Who? Your girlfriend?"

"No my dumbass sister you fool! Jongwoon could never get her interest with his lousy looks, not like he cares 'cuz he's to busy thirsting after other men!" Heechul shouts out to Hyukjae who had asked Jongwoon just a question. He puts on his jacket and walks out angrily of the bar, too pissed at both his sister and his fail of a friend. "If i see her at home right now, Will _Slaughter_ Her! Does that fucking dumbass have any brain cells in her?! Where does she even plan on gett-"

Jongwoon and Hyukjae watch after Heechul as he walks out of the door, his angry rant slowling fainting the farther he gets from them. Jongwoon sighs and bangs his head against the table again as Hyukjae just stands there awkwardly in front of him.

Today was a long day.