Chapter One

Guys this is my first fanfic so be kind please:) And I know this first chapter is boring but please bear with me. You guys need background on Jace first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“GET UP JACE! IM LEAVING AND YOU NEED TO TAKE THE BUS!”

Omg. It’s too early in the morning for this. 

“ALRIGHT IM UP BYE!”

“Bye”

I got out of my bed and threw open my door. I hastily brushed my teeth and went into my sister’s room across the hall.

“Wake up Max. You have to get dressed because Pa’s not taking you to the bus stop today” She groaned and pulled her blanket closer.

Whatever not my problem. 

I walked back to my room and got dressed for another day at my stupid high school with a bunch of people I basically hate. 

Oh and did I mention my school has UNIFORM. Just wonderful huh?

I pulled on a navy blue button up top with some skin-tight khaki skinnies and my magenta tribal print Toms on and topped off my outfit with a orange bowtie and my fake black gauges. 

Well, at least I didn’t look that fat today. Sigh.

I quickly brushed through my shoulder length blow-dried hair and put everything back on my counter. I grabbed my flower print bag and Nike duffel bag and walked back to Max’s room.

“Max, I’m serious. Wake up nigga. You know he’s not taking you to school if you miss the bus.” 

I was getting aggravated with her and that brought out my ghetto side. See, I live in Providence, Rhode Island and here, EVERYONE acts ghetto, calls each other nigga and is extra “sassy” per se but no one really means it.

“Ugh Nana you’re so annoying. I’m up you can leave now.” she said to me as she climbed out of bed using her childhood nickname for me

“Kid, I’m over here tryna help you, don’t be rude to me. Just watch one of these days ima just smack you REAL TALK.”

As you can see, I don’t get along with my sister very much.

“Just leave Nana. I’m up.”

“Whatever bye” I walked to my small kitchen and grabbed a fiber bar for lunch and walked down the block to my bus stop. I grabbed my pink iPhone 4S, plugged in my headphones and pressed Play to whatever song was there.

Close the door

Throw the key

Don’t wanna be reminded

Don’t wanna be seen

Don’t wanna be without you

My judgment’s clouded

Like tonight’s sky

I sighed. You see, where I live, it’s all about rap music and R&B. Don’t get me wrong though. I love me some Drake and Rita Ora too but I’ve had a secret obsession with this little boy band called One Direction! 

Ahhh! 

I discovered them a little over a year ago, the summer I was going into 10th grade and I have always had a little crush on the only Irish member. I haven’t let anyone know. While all my friends think I’m going straight home this afternoon, I’m actually going to a signing! I brought extra clothes in my duffel bag to change.

5 minutes later the bus came and I rode to school daydreaming about 5 incredibly amazing boys. 

* * * 

The day passed without incident. It was 3:15 and the dismissal bell was going to ring and I was practically bouncing out of my seat.

RING RING RING

YAY! 

“Bye Nina!” I yelled back to my best friend as I dashed down the hallway to my locker

I threw all my homework into my bag and all the other useless stuff into my locker. I wouldn’t be back here for a week! 

Oh yeah, did I mention I now have spring break! 

I grabbed my bag and my duffel bag and ran into the bathroom. I changed into a see-through cream colored sleeveless top with a brown tube top covering my bra tucked inside orange high-waisted shorts with cream Toms. I topped this all off with a gold choker and a fish chain earring that connected to all 3 holes in one ear, a gold colored pearl in the other ear.

Hmm, I don’t look so bad

I walked out of the bathroom on my happiness high and rode the bus down to the Dunkin Donuts Center. All I heard was the ear-splitting screams of  a bunch of fans. I greeted my friend Derek that worked here at the box office and passed him my bags to keep behind the counter, taking out my phone and my copies of Up All Night and Take Me Home.

“You here to see that stupid boy band too?” he asked over the noise, seeing the CDs

“First, they’re not stupid. Second, yeah. Max likes them and her birthday is soon so I scored a pass and I’m getting her some autographs” I lied

“Aww! You’re so nice!” he cried, doing a poor imitation of a peppy annoying girl

“Shut the fuck up. I’m leaving”

I walked away in the direction of the screaming and entered a room. They locked the doors behind me meaning I was the last one to arrive.

Better for me I guess

The line wasn’t that long and after 25 minutes, I was the last one in the room with 5 extremely hot boys all looking at me.

“Hi guys” I said with a little wave

“Vas happenin girlie” said Zayn causing me to giggle

Oh god his eyes were just so brown and big! 

“Hi there pretty girl, what’s your name?” said Liam, snapping me out of staring at Zayn

“Hey” I said blushing slightly. Wow Liam is even more adorable in person “My name’s Jace”

“WOW! Jace! What a unique name! OMG I LOVE YOUR TOMS!” screamed Louis

I chuckled at his enthusiasm “Thanks”

“Well nice to meet you Jace” said the most perfect boy in the whole world

I turned my head at the sound of that gorgeous Irish accent. My color contact blue eyes met his crystal clear blue ones. His hair was barely even blonde anymore, being mostly brown and styled into a quiff. And if people thought he looked hot with his braces then he is just ‘out of this world’ without them

“Nice to meet you too Niall” I responded looking down, the blush not showing on my dark skin

“Mmm, yes very nice to meet you Jace. Very nice indeed” said Harry cheekily in a deep husky tone, winking at me

It seems he has noticed my boobs. You see I am 5 feet tall and am overall a little person but my boobs magically grew to a 38D in 8th grade.

“And why is that Mr.Styles?” I asked boldly arching one eyebrow 

“Errm you uhhh have a umm nice pair of uhhh ….. eyes!” he responded though his true thoughts glimmered in his eyes

“Thank you” I said winking back at him, shifting my eyes from his amused and surprised expression to face Zayn

“Um do you think you can sign these for me?”

“Of course babe” 

They passed both CDs down the line until they had all signed. I noticed that on one of them there was a number and Niall’s name under it. 

My eyes widened and I looked up at him to see his face turning beet red

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------