7: surviving jordan carter

rakim

"you should work at a summer camp!" they said, "it'll be an easy and fun summer job for some extra cash", they said, "the kids are older so it won't be that bad," they said.

if i could go back in time and slap every single person who told me that this would be a good idea i would, and then i would slap my damn self for doing it. not too hard though, i can't leave a mark on my beautiful face.

was this the worst job ever? no. i was friends with some of the other people who worked here, even though most of them annoyed me to death like travis' ugly ass, and the kids weren't that bad all the time. most of them just minded their business and they were all pretty funny, but when they were out of control, they were out of control.

especially that damn jordan.

i knew i was in for a long day today when i went to go tell the boys in cabin A to get ready for the activity of the day, and jordan tried to convince me that he didn't know how to wash himself so i had to get in the shower and do it for him. 

the sad part is if it was stokeley who said that, i'd probably believe him.

i sat in the lounge area of the counselors' cabin along with the other counselors, tyler, travis, frank, kendall, and kylie. i only really liked tyler if we were being honest. travis was annoying and always had to insert his input when nobody asked. frank, i didn't really hate him but his constant depressed state was a bit much. ima just say that when jarad grows up, he's going to be just like frank. as for kendall and kylie? let's just say they would have been fired a long time ago if their family didn't own this place.

i lounged out on the burgundy couch, bringing a spoon of cheerios to my lips as i listened to the talk go on amongst the five of them. me, i was just trying to eat something before we went out rock climbing. doing physical activity with nothing on your stomach is no bueno.

"so there's supposed to be a new kid coming to my cabin," tyler spoke up as he looked through what appeared to be his files, "he was supposed to arrive earlier but something happened with his transportation or something. he's also apparently jorja's cousin."

"who's jorja? isn't that a state?" kylie interrupted with the same ditzy air to her voice that she always has. 

travis looked absolutely embarrassed, and i mean, i'd be embarrassed constantly if i were that ugly, but that's besides the point. "babe, ain't she in your cabin?"

the girl exchanged a dead eyed look with her equally brain dead sister before responding to her boyfriend. "i guess...whatever, i don't know any of their names or whatever anyway...."

"anyways," tyler mouthed, clearly having enough spoiled bratitiude for one day and the day had just started.

"good luck bro," i responded with a mouth full of cereal, swallowing it down after speaking. "if i had another kid in my cabin i would lowkey pull a jarad and off myself, these niggas are something else. i'm convinced jordan is going to end up bill cosbying me one of these days, like for real."

"well tell that pole built ass nigga to back the fuck up, i'm the only one that's allowed to sexually harass your fine ass," tyler teased, sitting the files down onto the wooden coffee table in front of me and sitting on the couch alongside me.