25 Nathalie

Nathalie stood outside Mister Agreste's office. She saw Adrien being dragged down to his lair again, but not Marinette, or Ladybug. Mister Agreste preferred to call her Ladybug and Nathalie didn't argue.

She was worried about Mister Agreste. He would never hurt Adrien, yet he did. Nathalie knew something was wrong. She needed to talk to him.

After waiting by his office for several minutes, she heard the click of shoes walk across the room. Nathalie straightened herself and faced the door with a neutral face. He stepped out with red puffy eyes. He had been crying. Mister Agreste noticed her and straightened his bowtie.

"Nathalie, what is it?" he asked standing before her.

"I'm worried about you, sir. You said you wouldn't hurt Adrien..."

Mr. Agreste's face hardened. "I did it for a reason, Nathalie. I needed his miraculous. I thought you of all people would at least understand."

"I- yes, sir. I understand."

"Good."

Nathalie saw an orange light flicker near a window inside Mister Agreste's office. The breaking of glass sounded right after. Mister Agreste turned his head to see Ladybug and another superhero breaking into his office. The two superheroes ran towards the entrance to his lair.

Mister Agreste snarled, "NOOROO, DARK WINGS RISE!"

Hawk Moth stood before Ladybug and her new companion.

"You have no right to come in here, Ladybug," Hawk Moth growled.

Ladybug just smiled. She and her friend dodged around Hawk Moth and ran in the other direction. He followed, leaving Nathalie alone.

She knew that she just saw Ladybug and that fox girl running upstairs, but...Nathalie could have sworn she was looking at the fox girl sitting on the windowsill with a flute in her hands right now.

Nathalie recognized this superhero. It would grant the power of illusion to its owner so...Hawk Moth wasn't chasing the real Ladybug!

Nathalie gasped and turned to run, but was pinned down by someone. The fox girl held a tight grip around her mouth. Ladybug picked Nathalie up to face her.

"Don't say a word. Tie her up, Rena Rouge," Ladybug ordered.

The fox girl- Rena Rouge -tied Nathalie with rope and covered her mouth. Ladybug returned shortly after with Adrien's limp body over her shoulder.

"Let's get out of here," Ladybug said.

Nathalie bit Rena Rouge's hand and yelled at the top of her lungs, "It's an illusion, Hawk Moth! She's not-"

Rena Rouge covered Nathalie's mouth again. A look of worry passed between Ladybug and the fox. Almost immediately, Hawk Moth burst through the door. He was furious. He saw Nathalie then turned to the two superheroes.

"Drop Adrien and give me your miraculous. NOW!"

Ladybug scowled. "Never."

Hawk Moth growled and threw his staff at Ladybug. Rena Rouge hit it with her flute and knocked it to the ground. He jumped at them and punched the fox superhero. She yelped and held her jaw. Ladybug set Adrien down and kicked Hawk Moth in the face. He grabbed her foot and Ladybug's face collided with the ground. Rena Rouge came from behind and twisted her arm around Hawk Moth's neck. He choked and tried to pry Rena Rouge's arm away. Ladybug sprang to her feet and hit Hawk Moth right in the eye with her yo-yo. He recoiled backward and held onto his eye. Ladybug picked up Adrien and nodded at Rena Rouge. They leaped out the window.

Hawk Moth pounded the ground and cursed. Nathalie was terrified. This was definitely not Mister Agreste.

Hawk Moth glared at Nathalie. "You disappoint me. You could have warned me sooner. Get out."

"B-but Mister Agreste, I-"

"Leave before I change my mind!"

Nathalie scurried to her feet. She crouched past Hawk Moth and opened the door. She glanced back at him and could see tears forming in his eyes. He gave her a saddening look. The last thing Nathalie saw was Hawk Moth looking at her with a moth in his hands. Nathalie forced herself to open the door and run. She wasn't entirely sure who he would akumatize, but she didn't want to be involved in it.

Nathalie ran to an ally and slumped against the wall. She needed help. She needed to save Mister Agreste before the evil fully took over him. She needed Adrien to be alive. Thoughts swam through her mind. She closed her eyes and tried to forget about it all.

Damn that evil corrupting Gabriel. Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the book so far and there are only going to be five more chapters. Be prepared for the last one because there is a twist of events.
Bug Out.

-CringeWorthyaf
775 words