The Cafe

Waiting. Picking up the miniature cup brimming with an auburn-coloured coffee, taking slow small sips, while scanning Cafe Rouge's new outdoor dining area. My eyes landed on a young woman with delicate, long, wavy brunette hair, swaying in the gentle summer breeze. She is wearing an elegant colbalt short summer dress. Deep in conversation with her device, her picturesque face shifted in moods like a model in a photoshoot. Her whole physique reflected on how wonderfully talented she must be. A business woman. A star

Drawing my glass brown eyes off her inviting presence, a young couple grabbed it instead. Enraged, red faced, fuming, the couple quarrelled amongst themselves. The woman framed her face with a mixture of terror and embarrassment contrasted with the man's annoyed and petrifing face. She is wearing a mini cocktail, bittersweet coloured dress that didn't match her slumped, uninviting posture. The man with the almost transparent top, sticking to his overweight sweaty body, screamed like sirens, bursting everyone's eardrums into a bloody mess.

Without a second thought, I dragged my intruding eyes towards the cheerful children running by without a care in the world. Frolicking along the drab, grey pavement, they spun and spun and spun like a carousel. Amazed. Sticks in their tiny hands, they whacked each other leaving small ruby "battle" scars along their bony,  nimble arms. The game of 'pirates.' Two small "sea dogs" hopped along in sync with the children, as their collars chocked their chubby necks. I carried on watching until their microscopic figures dissolved into the setting sun, in the horizon.

Is the time near?

Suddenly, a deadly scream answered. The couple, who were just arguing, began an unbalanced encounter. Punches flew like birds, tears fell on the pavement, screams danced in the air. The young woman cloaked her scrapped hands over her fearful face as punches met her trembling body. Blood traveled, seeping through her once luxurious dress. Screams from customers, pedestrians and waiters made up my discombobulated mind to take drastic measures to regain the peace.

Bang! My music stereo slammed on the faux glass table, playing slow music. As a million eyes pierced through my skin, I started to sing. A little quiet at first but increased my tone when I gained more confidence. Everyone stared in awe. Peace replaced the tense air from before. Now it's silence. Now it's just my music. Now it's  just my voice.

This is what I was born to do: entertain ❤