~ Nine ~

Who's ready for an explosive reaction? 😈Pic of Red up top!

Adria's POV:

I crawled out of bed early the next morning and stumbled through my morning routine. Once showered and dressed I put that uncomfortable ass brace on and made my way towards the kitchen. There were a few old ladies gossiping in the kitchen. Only half-listening I poured myself some coffee slouching against the counter and sipping the hot liquid with an appreciative sigh. Coffee is the nectar of the gods..... In my opinion at least.

I continue to drink in silence still half-listening to the conversation going on at the kitchen table. ".... I think our Bullet is finally settling and giving up his player ways. I couldn't believe it when Blade told me! He never brings his conquests home." That got my full attention. Chase bringing another woman to the club? Settling down?

Just a few days ago he was kissing me and telling me he wanted me to be his. Anger ripped through me so hard that it left me a little dizzy and breathless. That lying ballets yellow-bellied fucktard! My ears started to ring as my grip around my coffee cup was so tight that my knuckles turned white and my hand shook violently.

When I'd gone to bed last night I was starting to reconsider my hasty decision on turning Chase down. This past couple of months he had gone out of his way to help me anyway possible... Most of the time against my protests. Then just earlier this week he'd driven me down to the river and kissed me. He'd said all the right things to me. Something that's not easy to do for a man like him.

But that's just it though.....

Chase always knew exactly what to say to any female to make their panties melt right off of them. It seemed that everything about him was designed to drive women crazy. From those come hither eyes to that stupid fucking devilish grin of his.

As anger continued to flow through me the old ladies continued to gossip oblivious to my mood. "According to Axel, she's gorgeous and exactly the type he'd go for." The coffee that I already drank turned sour on my stomach leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Unable to stand to be in the kitchen and listen any more I slammed my coffee down on the counter and stormed out of the kitchen my nails biting into the palms of my hands as they balled tightly into fists that trembled. Needing to get away I head for the door but before I could get more than a few steps out of the kitchen he was coming down the hallway wearing nothing but a pair of baggy sleep pants and looking tousled.

Before I knew what was happening I was walking towards him calling him every name I could think of and creating a few more swear words. Bewildered Chase stopped eyeing me like I'd lost my mind. The anger that coursed through me sank it's clawing further into me as I hauled back and kneed him in the balls with my good knee. Causing him to suck in a sharp breath and fall to his knees doubled over clutching his abused body parts. I knew I was causing a scene but I didn't give a shit at this point. "Contrary to what you believe, pendejo, women were not put on this Earth for you to treat like toys then discard them when you get bored. Stay the fuck away from me you gutless bastard or next time I will get you through your nut sack!"

Spinning around I storm out the club slamming the door behind me leaving him on his knees struggling to breathe while everyone stood in shock and confusion. I had no idea where I was going and to be honest I didn't care. If I stayed here I would be too tempted to do a lot worse than kick him in the balls. I kept walking until I reached the back of the compound where the grass ended and the treeline began. Having grown up in these woods I knew every inch of it.

I didn't stop until I reached my hiding spot. An old clubhouse that was nothing more than a platform situated between the trunks of the trees. It was old and too dangerous to climb up, even if I could. Instead, I plopped down on the leaf-covered ground and leaned back against the tree. I guess I didn't need to reconsider my decision after all. I was an idiot to think that a man like Chase could ever change. I didn't know how long I sat there but no one came looking for me. A blessing because I didn't feel like dealing with fucking bikers or their old ladies. It wasn't until my stomach started growling and eating itself that I struggled to my feet and limped my way back towards the club.