Love At Ace Chemicals

3 Years Ago...

It's a dark and stormy night. You just robbed a jewelry store and have to escape the cops. The alarm screams in your ear as you run out of the door. The cop cars surrounds you and every officer, gun in hand, immediately jump out. You drop a flash bang grenade that blinds them. You head for the rooftops and jumps across every alley. After parkouring across the rooftops for a couple of minutes, you get a little tired. You see an opening and slide down the wall into an alley. After resting for a bit you try turning on your invisibility belt. It short circuits due to the damage of the drizzling rain. Cop cars speed past you, looking out the alley. As thunder rumbles your right eye brow is lifted to see the Ace Chemicals building.
You notice that the two guards are being thrown out the window but you don't see who. "Hmmm....Maybe who ever they are...they're on my side" you think to yourself.

You quickly run across the street and stop at the door. You shoot out a grapple line out of your right hand and it pulls you up to the top of building. You crawl into the vents and sneak through the tunnels. You see an open vent and crawl through it to see the main room. Lots of giant pots of chemicals. You jump to a nearby wall slide down to the floor. You look around to find who threw out the two guards. Suddenly, your motion sensor goes off as a mallet is about to hit your head. You jump to the wall activating your anti gravity boots. You see your mysterious attacker in a rage. A woman who looks about your age wearing a black red jester costume. "Get the hell outta here! Ya here me?!? Get out!!" You jump down to her level ready to reason with her. As she yells st you she swings her mallet again but you catch it with both hands. You then pin her against a railing overlooking the giant bowl of dangerous sizzling acid.

"Whaddya gonna do now? Arrest me? Go ahead hero. I got nothi'n ta live for now. I bet B-Man sent ya." You drop the mallet. "No no no you got it all wrong!" you tell her. "I'm no hero at all." You go pick up your bag of stolen jewels. "I just robbed a jewelry store and I'm here to hide from the cops." The woman's face brightens up. "Oh! Well okay..." she says turning around and leaning against the railing. You do the same next to her, wondering who this person is. "Who are you by the way?" you ask her. "Harleen Quinzel, pleaded to meet ya. Call me Harley. Everyone does. Or they used to. I haven't reached out ta anyone in months." You introduce yourself to Harley. "My name is L/N. F/N L/N. Enemies and some allies call me Scarlet Widow." You hold out your hand waiting for her to shake it. As she does you see Harley smile a little.

"You new around here?" Harley asks letting your hand go. "I've been around here for a year now. I've already gotten myself on the GCPD's and B-man's most wanted list." Harley chuckles at you using her nickname for the Dark Knight. "Been able to make some allies too. A lot of them seem to just be crime bosses and drug leaders though. When I heard of the bad guys here, there were more...unique ones, I guess. How long have you been here?" you ask Harley. "Years" she replies. "So many years helpi'n him fight ol' Bats..." You scratch your head confused. Who is that person she's talking about? You shake it off and change the subject.

"How long have you been....here? In this chemical plant?" you ask. Harley gets off the railing and begins walks around. "A couple of months. I had nowhere else ta go" she says hanging her head low. You get an idea. "How about you stay with me?" you ask her. Harley turns around with a hopeful yet confused look. "Really? Ya mean it?" she asks. You shrug. "Why not? I have a pretty good apartment to keep a low profile from the cops. It should have enough room." Harley runs and hugs you. "Oh thank you thank you thank you so MUCH Y/N!" she squeals in delight. You hug her back smiling. "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship!" she says letting go. You hear one of the cop cars park outside the building. You and Harley look at each other and smile insidiously.