Chapter 2: An physical examination and interrogation.

Anna sat in what appeared to be a doctors office, while she sat on the examination table earth's mightiest heroes stood in front of her with the exception of Bruce Banner who was cleaning her wounds. "Let's start with the basics. Who are you?"

     The infamous black widow looked at the teenager as if she was trying to read a book in a foreign language. "I'm Anna."

     "Any last name?"

      Anna shook her head. "Never had a last name or a family. The only reason I know my first name was because it was on my file." The teenager mind began to drift back to the night of her escape from HYDRA's testing facilities. In that building, she received many injections but only a few caused any true change. 

     "A file?" Now Steve Rodgers spoke up. 

     "You heard correct. A file, all that was on there was my name, date of birth, experiment number, and the number of liquids they injected into me." Anna winced at the tanned doctor cleaning the deep scratch on her arm.  "I don't know the name of the group that kidnapped me, all I know is that they have an octopus for a logo and have been hunting me down for the past three years."

     Banner looked up at Anna after he tied up the last stitch"How old are you?"

      "Just turned fourteen three days ago."

      "But how, you look like you're twenty"

     Anna grabbed a clean moist towel that was on the tray next to her and wiped half off her face. The makeup had come off completely, revealing her softer and younger facial features to the people before her. "They don't really ID people who go to perform in bars and pubs. I needed the money and contour is easy. You get the picture."

     "So, you are fourteen years old, been on the run from HYDRA for three years, and perform at bars and pubs?" Tony Stark was counting the facts on his hand as he stared in disbelief at the brunette.

      "Yeah, I was performing at McJohnny a few hours ago, the HYDRA men attacked me while I was on the way home." The group of superheroes revealed they were at the bar and had seen the teenager perform. After a few more questions and giving Anna one more check over, they had concluded it would be for the best for her to stay for a few days until it would be safe for her to go back home. Not to mention Banner wanted to run tests on her DNA and blood to see what exactly HYDRA did.

     "As much as I would love to stay here I can't. I have no clothes with me and I have a cat at home that needs to be fed."

     "Why don't you, Clint, and I go to your place grab a few days worth of stuff and your cat, then you could stay here." Natasha helped the teenager off the examination table. 

     "I guess so."