Chapter 1

-Victoria-

I don't belong here. That's a known fact. If it weren't for my crazy and caffeinated sister, I would most definitely be home with my nose stuck in the newest book from the library. I honestly don't know how she convinced me to come. I regret not charging my phone before coming here. I could be reading wattpad or some online newspaper right now instead of having to be circled by practically half naked girls trying to pop it and lock it. I've been stuck in a corner for the past ten minutes, afraid that someone might try to talk to me. In these ten minutes I've witnessed some of the must profound and revolting actions someone could ever do.

For the first half hour I kind of just wondered around the hall way. To be honest, I don't even know who's house this is. I thought it would be easier to avoid human interaction if I went upstairs. Maybe I could find a small library or something. Much to my dismay, I accidentally walked into a bedroom to find a topless female straddling and equally naked male. Like a nine year old afraid of clowns, I ran out of the room screaming with my hands over my eyes only to hear the couple laughing at me. At this point, some might think of me as an innocent, goody two shoes girl who got dragged to a party by her older sister and to who ever thought that, congrats you're correct. I head back down stairs as I try to erase the image that has been burned in my brain. Don't get me wrong, I like to have fun and I don't frown upon partying. I just find my self awkward and my self esteem drops about ten points. I'm good at academic studies and I'd like to stick to what I'm good at.

Now that I'm surrounded by hormonal, drunken teenagers, I question why I even agreed to come to this party. Maybe I wanted to try and remember something, anything, that happened before the crash. Sometimes I get this feeling as if I'm just about to remember but than poof! it disappears. It's like when you have to sneeze but it just doesn't seem to be able to come out. Part of me also doesn't want to know. I'm a heavy believer in fate and destiny. Maybe I needed a fresh start. I mean what if it was a sign saying I needed to forget what ever bad past I had or something. But wait, wouldn't I need to remember what happened to learn from my mistakes? All this deep thoughts make my head hurt, I need some water.

As I make my way to the kitchen, numerous guys and girls stick each other's tongues down their partners throat. The lights are turned down real low so I can barely see what's in the cups that are scattered all over. I take a fresh cup and walk over to the sink. Before I can even get there Sasha, my older sister, grabs the cup from my hands me hers.

"What's this?" I ask.

"Uhh just water," she slurs. She's definitely been drinking.

I look into the cup and see a clear liquid swirling around the the bottom. Being naive, I take a big swig of it and learn about 2 seconds later that it is not water. My throat burns like I just ate the sun. I chuck the cup and reach for the nearest drink in the kitchen. There's a can sitting at the edge of the table and chug it down. After my throat calms down about a thousand degrees, I decide that I like what ever drink this is. A rather good looking guy notices and hands me another.

"Hi I'm Luke." He extends his hand. I pick up on his distinct Australian accent.

This is an event that normally doesn't happen, so I kind of just stare at the strange boy. A good five seconds have passed before I snap out of my trance and shake his hand.

"I'm Victoria," I mumble.

"Well nice to meet you Tori," he says cheerfully. I cringe at the nickname.

"No, no. It's VICtoria," I reply rather harshly.

"Damn, you used to love when-" his speech ends rather abruptly. "Oh wow, looks like you need some more beer. I'll just run out and get some"