Chapter 3

Skylar

I walk in the kitchen and see Cory and Teagan in a conversation. "If you think about it we are all aliens" I hear Cory say as I sit at the counter on the stool. "What are y'all talking about?"

"Aliens" she shrugs. "Just some shower thoughts." I roll my eyes, grab a bread roll, and walk over to the couch. "Y'all are some weirdos" I say as I take a seat.

As if I said something so out of the ordinary, Teagan and Cory look at me. "What?" I say chewing my roll. "Oh no, you're the weirdo" Cory strides over next to me with Teagan right by her. "Yeah, I saw you twerking in front of the toaster yesterday. For waffles." She exaggerates the last part.

I always get happy and dance for food I don't see what they are saying. "I'm so so sorry I love food, okay."

"But anyways..." Cory sit right beside me on the couch. "Yesterday morning I decided to take the trash to the trash shoot and I saw the greatest thing that could've ever happen". I sit waiting for her to finish. But she's taking to damn long so I spoke "what happened?"

"Our neighbors are all guys" she pipes up. "And their cute. She adds. "Okay... and?"

"I thought you would be happy to know that but never mind." She turns her attention to the television that's playing Friends. "Actually thanks, I'll go talk to them. I hope they're chill."

"I wish I lived here. They would have all been my boothangs." Kari approaches us with her luggage in her hand. She's leaving right now and I can't believe I won't see her for long. She's irritating... yeah but I love my girl. She has a type of personality that you'd like to be around. She's always so happy.

"Aww I'm going to miss you my dear Roach." Cory goes in for a hug but Kari blocks it. " No, No. You will not disrespect me like that. You're the Roach." Kari says. They have this thing where they go back and forth calling each other bug names and fictional characters like Goblins. I don't get it but it's hella funny seeing them fight.

"On some realshit, ill really miss you." Cory suddenly gets serious and gives her a hug. "Same." Teagan says while hugging her.

"You know I'll miss you too." I give her a hug as well.

"You sure you don't want us to drop you off at the airport?" Teagan looks at her and takes her bag.

"No, it'll just be more harder leaving." Kari laughs and takes the bag back. "I'm off to explore New York guys.

We all say bye one last time and hug before she leaves.

***

It's 5:50 in the morning and it's the first day of school. I hate getting up early. I'm not a morning person at all. I bet Cory and Teagan is up. I told them to never wake me.

I get dressed in a dress and some sandals since it's still summer and in Los Angeles, it's summer times two.

"I'm ready" I yell as I come out of my room.
"We've been ready." Teagan says as she and Cory sit on the couch. I check the time and it's only6:30 and classes don't start till 8. Well for me. I go to Loyola Marymount University, Cory goes to Cal State Los Angeles, and Teagan goes to University of Southern California. So I don't know when they start or if they start the same time. "My bad damn." We take the light rail and some other transportations to get to school. It's so tiring with all this traffic.