Part 2

Rohit found Virat weight-lifting in the gym.

"Hi, Virat!" he said cheerfully.

Virat looked up for a moment and nodded curtly, and immediately turned back to his dumbbell.

"I expected a better welcome, man," said Rohit.

Virat started to get annoyed, "If you don't mind, could you please leave now, Rohit?"

Rohit settled down on a bench.

"How can I not mind when you don't even talk to me after meeting me after 2 months, just because a girl dumped you?"

Virat stared at Rohit in shock.

"Isn't it a bit stupid, Virat? You tell me," said Rohit, perfectly unperturbed.

"Don't talk about things you don't understand!" shouted Virat, losing his temper.

"Jeez, stop shouting!" said Rohit. "We're having a civil conversation here!"

"I DON'T WANT TO HAVE ANY CONVERSATION WITH YOU! GET LOST FROM HERE RIGHT NOW!" Virat was quite wild with fury now.

"It's a free country," said Rohit, shrugging, as he closed his eyes and pretended to doze.

Virat glared at him and stalked to a heavier dumbbell. He did manage to lift it, but it was clear that it was straining him.

Rohit thought about how childish and immature Virat still was, even at the age of 27. He didn't realise he had a smile on his face, more out of affection than anything else, till Virat grumbled, "Stop smirking like that."

Rohit immediately straightened his face, not wanting to antagonize Virat furthur.

"You can put that down," said Rohit. "I'm not your competitor."

Virat huffily went over to an even heavier dumbbell. This time it was too much, though, and as he lifted it a few inches, he staggered.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" cried Rohit, rushing to him and supporting the weight.

"Leave it," groaned Virat.

"Don't be a idiot! Let it go!"

Virat couldn't do anything but obey Rohit, and together they lowered the dumbbell to the ground.

But of course, Virat's pride had been wounded severely.

He pushed past Rohit to leave the room, but Rohit resisted and blocked his way.