Rest Assured

Chapter Five: Rest Assured.

            Kyou noticed the stab fade. The dark blood stopped gushing out of his back every second, there was no more pain and it was like there has never been a wound on his back. This has happened before but he can’t clearly remember when and where. For all he cared, his princess was in trouble, he must go to where she is. After he killed his childhood nightmare, he had more nightmares every night which kept him from sleeping. Every night, his eye would hurt and it was scary. He was scary. It has only stopped after he met Lycel. He started to have pleasant nights and he would do everything to the only person who showed kindness to him. If not for her, what kind of monster will he just be?

            “Lycel!!!!”

            But he got no answer and remembered something important. “I’m going up?! I was supposedly going underground!”  But then again, he has already gone for about seven floors before realizing it- he’s at the peak.

            Before the door itself, came a girl with long flowing caramel hair, terrified emerald eyes, and dainty fair skin with hundreds of wounds. “Run,” was all that she managed to say. A tugging sensation started in Kyou’s gut. Anger wasn’t the first thing he felt but pain. Blood was streaking all over and she was barely standing. He could see in her eyes which has lost lustre, she was half-conscious. Her eyes were blank and her coughs splashed blood on his face which he least expected to occur, or at least he would hate to happen.

            Before he could get to tighten a balled fist, the young lady fell on his knees, not completely fell on her body because somebody pulled her long hair. A young man about taller than him, carrying a massive scythe like what he owned except that it was silver. “Looks like hunters do not know who to fear,” said he. “But I must compliment you for getting this far with just five…? Five, right? Five weaklings,”

            It was a very quick span of time. He charged with full power as hatred urged him. The tightly wrapped kerchief around his forehead let go and shed the most terrifying eyes of mankind.

            Shiina, who was the said young man, pulled back and let go of Lycel as Kyou caught her.

            “It’s you.” Shiina grinned with wide eyes.

            Kyou carefully laid the dying girl and charged again. He left a big cut from Shiina’s left chest to cheek. If he did not responded immediately, he might have been half blind right now. His good refexes made his arm stretch and quickly palmed on Kyou’s third eye.

            “Sleep!”

            He took it as a chance then left without assurance if that would work on such beast. He accepted any job from Jivali for the fun in fighting, but Kyou was not his average idea of fun. He was way too dangerous and he could end up dying especially after he saw that Lycel. Kyou was seriously going to kill him.

            “It’s not yet time for us to meet, three eyes,” then left them both unconscious.

            When Kyle arrived to the room, he paled and sweated but he ran to the comrades who were left on a puddle of blood. He tried to carry them both to the meeting place where Inseska is fighting. He got worried again and hurried but he fell just on the next floor. The policemen were gone as well for some reasons. He remembered how itching he was to know how the hell they knew that they must raid now. But then again, there was another member who was separated- the mechanic.

            He stumbled as he walked and fell many times before the stab on him numbed his back. “Damn! Why now of all times do this body have to stop providing motor functions?!”