Radiance

Chapter Three: Radiance

          “So this is how it will go,” I tied my hair up a bun because the temperature got warmer and for some unreasonable reasons, the air conditioning of the train went down. For a potato head’s stake, we all know that they are just saving because Christmas is coming and for a better image of Velonian Transit, they have to give bonuses to their workers.

 Follidarte is far from Harrishold, too far that those places experience a very different climate. You see, it is autumn all over Velonia but stupid Follidarte is unusually giving out a warm weather. If it’s because of the warm citizens or just climate change, I don’t care either way. I could go out in winter with just my shorts and shirt on.

          Krul, I mean Kyle, removed his piercings when we visited his grandmother so he didn’t have that perverted aura around him since then. And yes, we brought Kyle with us. While talking, I couldn’t help myself from having a sense of security in case another troublemaker enters the train so I kept track of those who leave and enter the train and also looked for those who are extremely suspicious. I found everyone just doubtful so I told myself to be extra careful. I found out that Kyle works for an organization that hired him after seeing his strength. I admit it, he might not look like it because he is insolent except to his grandmother, but he has extreme strength. I don’t know if he’s on par with Kyou but he is strong not because I am a weak individual. Krul just lost to me because I use my mind. Yes, he’s the greatest fool I know of. Anyway, hearing that just wrapped my plan all up. I didn’t know that being a bountyhunter has this kind of thrilling fun too. I just thought it was just plain killing someone. Way deeper than that, it was my first quest and I found it a good experience.

          “You understand?” I assured the last time after I explained. He couldn’t afford to fail this or his one and only relative would be lonely forever waiting for his return.

          “Will this work? I mean, are they that foolish?”

          “If you won’t flutter halfway,”

          Kyou cleared his throat. He would not say it out loud in front of me, but nobody will not feel the intense aura around him. Among as all, he was the once against this the most. I could not blame him because I didn’t like Kyle to begin with.

          “Just remember your promise,” I warned for the sake of his cleared throat.

          “I don’t betray pretty girls,”

          “Yes, you opened my blouse you pervert.”

          Blood left my upper body when a big black blade appeared in front of me where the two of them are seated. A big black scythe was against Kyle’s neck and the color in his face faded. “H-hey, stop that!”

          Kyou’s eyes looked as if he’s ready to eat Kyle. His right foot was on the seat and he held his scythe against Kyle’s neck. The more he resisted, the more did Kyou pushed the large blade, but the space was limited for that massive thing. There was also that black smoke around them too so I wasn’t able to tell if Kyle passed out or not. If he did, then I congratulate him. Not many could even stay still if Kyou is even around five meters away.

          I noticed the people looking at us so I eyed Kyou to keep his scythe. When Kyle summoned the spear that night, great power surrounded us, but when Kyou summoned his scythe for the first time in front of me, I felt like we were brought to another dimension.

          “If you want fight, then give me my ring!” Kyle got back his cool when the scythe disappeared, I must admit that he is different.