"lets get this mofo"

!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!

- based off the events of Avengers: Endgame so if you don't want any spoilers, don't read!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

- also, a gift to the one and only kepotts21 because if you've been living under a rock for like the past year she's my bestie and she's awesome luv u sis c u on the other side 😜😜😜

*****

Avery closed her eyes.

This was too easy for her.

Who was idiotic enough to pull all their eggs in one basket?

She let go of the arrow, watching it strike the floor. Jumping down from her stance on the balcony of an abandoned New York City apartment building, she slung her bow over her shoulder, rolling up to the doors as a way to prevent from snapping her arms and shutting the doors just as the gas from her arrow started to fill up the room.

She stood up and brushed the dust off her hands. That takes care of them.

"You survived," she muttered in Japanese under her breath. "Half the world didn't."

It seemed like her face had been permanently etched into a scowl ever since the snap.

She wasn't planning on changing that.

There was nothing more to change. There was no way that she could ever get them back. There was no way she could ever get him back.

The people — person — she loved is gone, and now she has nothing to live for.

No one.

The snap was as final as true death in itself: she learned that the remaining Avengers went to find Thanos, only to learn that the stones had been destroyed.

That was the last straw for her.

She put the picture of him down and took up her bow, taking to the streets and killing those who cheat and deceive and lie even though half the world is gone because she could not stand to live where they lived, to stay where he promised her they'll stay, to see his picture on the wall and his ghost everywhere, melting into dust and then nothingness and she couldn't exact her revenge on the person who killed him.

She walked out of the alley and back on the street, pushing her hood further down her head as her feet picked up speed. She jumped on top of a car, using it to propel herself on the side of a building. Quickly scaling the wall using balconies and ledges, she tossed herself over the side of the roof of the building and perched herself on the roof.

Her view of the city extended for miles and miles, neon signs flickering in the darkness. Pollution had decreased significantly, allowing the stars to finally shine through.

She could feel a presence behind her.

She turned around, keeping her hood and gaze low.

There were boots in her line of vision.

Very familiar boots.

Her scowl deepening, she jumped down, pulling the hood off her head. "Tarantula."

Jonah only chuckled at the nickname. "Long time no see, Bow Girl."

His tone only confused Avery more. He sounded nostalgic. Like he actually missed her, which she thought would probably be impossible.