2. The mission

•¶∆¶•

"So this is the Farm." Alex said as she, Shelby and I walked inside a building. "You don't seem exited anymore." Alex joked looking at Shelby.

"Can't say that I am." Shelby said looking around clearly disappointed.

"Nimah, hey." Alex greeted a woman. She looked at us with an uneasy look. I walked towards her.

"Zoe Evans." I introduced myseld and shook her hand.

"Nimah Amin." she said and I gave her a smile.

"Alex." another lady said and hugged Alex. She then turned to me.

"Diana. Hi, nice to meet you." she said and we shook hands.

"Zoe Evans. You too." I said with a smile.

Suddenly when Diana was talking to Shelby my eyes drifted to the guy that walked inside.

He walked towards me and smiled. "Ryan Booth. Special Agent." he introduced. So he's Ryan Alex was worried about. I smiled back at him.

"Zoe Evans." I said and he raised his eyebrows.

"That's it? No FBI, CIA?" he asked. I shook my head.

"Nope." I said and chuckled and he chuckled too as we walked towards Alex and the others.

"So what do you think happend? Another terrorist event?" Diana asked.

"Well if Alex is here, it can't be one far behind." Ryan said.

"Funny." Alex said.

"It's good to see you again Alex." he said.

"You too." Alex said.

"You changed your hair it looks good." Ryan said and I noticed Alex become nervous.

"I didn't but thank you." she said and then the door opened and inside walked Claire Haas, Matthew Keyes and Clay. I starred at him though he had his eyes fixed on his phone.

"Good afternoon thank you all for coming." Keyes said as the three of them walked at the centre of the room. "We have a lot of ground to cover and a sort amount of time so let's get started. Madam president." Keyes said and looked at Claire.

"Terrorism is never spontaneous. Every act takes planning and preparation. It takes money to fund it, strategy to insure it all goes properly, technology, arms for fear and control, the media to insure most people see it, political parties to gain influence from it, fundemestelics who take credit for it. And finally the power players who gain from it the most. When these 8 pillars come together they create a perfect storm, which is what we saw on 9/11 and last month at the G20 summit. Whatever that group was planning after stealing those drive is still unknown. Luckily only one's country only got out. Ours." Claire explained.

"We call this information 'The Cash'. Four years worth of intelligence aboit our country. That Cash was accessed two days ago. Someone downloaded security and aircraft information. Just this morning an aircraft fell. You need to figure out if these are connected, what is a part of and who is responsible." Keyes said.

"You're not looking for the man that sabotaged the plane. You need to find and identify the collabors. Who paid for it, who's behind it, who benefits from and why. What you're doing goes beyond the FBI and the CIA. It's illegal and only by me becasue we don't know the damage yet. I'm putting my presidency on the line." Clare said.

"My son Clay is in charge. As my top political strategist he knows how to see what's coming and how to plan for it. Listen to him and learn from him. And whatever you do watch your backs. These people are not playing around." Claire said and left the room leaving us looking at Clay. Keyes left too and I was left alone feeling Clay's eyes on me.

I turned behind me only to see Ryan watching me. "So, what are your thoughts on the mission?" he asked. I turned my body towards him.

"Well... I always enjoy some action. Specially if it's illegal." I joked and we laughed.

"So tell me what's the deal with you and him." he said after he took a step closer. I looked at him confused. How the hell does he know?

"What do you mean?" I asked a little unsure.

"Oh come on. The guy has been starring at you since he walked inside. He thought looking at his phone for cover it won't be noticed but really... It only made it worse." he said with a smirk. Somehow this made my day. I then threw him a proud smile.

"Well, Clay and I... Knew each other." I said not wanting to share my life story on someone I just met. Ryan though raised his eyebrows.

"Knew each other? Come on." he said. Damnit he's indeed good. I opened my mouth to explain but I was cut off.

"Booth. " Clay's voice said as he stood dangerously close to me, throwing Ryan a deadly glare. "Zoe, can I borrow you for a second?" Clay asked without looking at me. His eyes were fixed on Ryan. I looked at Clay annoyed. What the hell is he doing?

"No you can't. I'm having a conversation." I snapped at him. He then looked down at me. His eyes were filled with emotions. Anger and...  sadness? It was like he was begging me. I froze and starred at him. "Excuse me." I said to Ryan not taking my eyes off of Clay. He gently placed his hand behind my back leading me away from Ryan and everyone else.

"What was that?" he asked as he stood in front of me. His hands were in his pants pockets as he took a look around, probably to make sure no one was looking at him. I looked at him confused.

"What was what?" I asked. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Come on, don't pretend you don't know." Clay said. I starred at him.

"What is wrong with you Clay?" I asked him angrily.

"What is wrong with me?! Your behaviour is absolutely pathetic!" he snapped at me. My eyes widened.

"My behaviour? My?! You left, Clay. You left me." I snapped back at him. He opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off. "No. You don't get to treat me this way. I don't owe you anything, ok? You don't get to have a saying on what I do and with who. You are nothing to me." I said starring into his eyes. When I finished he had nothing to say. Because he believed me. Though, it wasn't all true.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have reacted this way. I don't know what has gotten into me. You have my apology." he said looking on the ground.

"All you do is apologize." I stated, making him look at me. With that I turned around and left.

"Woah, Zoe. You ok?" Alex asked as soon as I walked over to them. I nodded.

"Yes fine." I replied. Alex looked at Shelby but didn't say anything else.

"Come on!  I want to see the rooms." Shelby said and we walked out.

~

"Home, sweet home." Alex said as soon as we walked inside the house, the first room being the kitchen.

"Diana if you don't mind, I'd love to have my old roomie back." Shelby said as she and Alex laughed making Diana laugh too.

"By all means. Zoe, we can stay together if you'd like." she said and I nodded with a smile.

"Sure, yeah." I said to her and she smiled.

"Upstairs, back corner." Alex told Shelby.

"Let's stay next to them." Diana said and I nodded as I followed Shelby upstairs.

"Is it to early to ask what's going on with you and Clay? I mean at the bar when you left he literally ran after you." Shelby said as we walked on the hallway.

"Oh well. I guess we have some history." I said avoiding the answer.

"Well, he seems hurt by all this history." Shelby said making me stop.

"Oh trust me, he's the only one that shouldn't be hurt." I said amd walked inside my room.

Second chapter comment your thoughts! Love you all<3