1 - Jealousy

"I remember now. You seem so familiar!"

"Do you know me?"

"Aren't you the special prize winner of the Chinese Cuisine Culinary Competition? I remember Caina told me so many nice things after the competition. Even though I didn't expect you to win, congratulations anyway."

Shancai played along with her straw.

How nice of you to remember that, but ignoring the fact we've just seen each other less than 24 hours ago at your-so-called-engagement, you passive-aggressive bitch. Wanna play uh?

So she smiled: "Oh, You really must be a physiognomist Xiaozi! How nice of you."

"Seriously, what do you think of Ah Si?"

Why should i tell YOU of all people, do you think I'm an idiot?

"You seem to be a curious little monkey Xiaozi. Why are you asking me?"

"I mean, his face got all red after I bit his ear. Is he a virgin?"

Shancai blood went suddenly still then started to boil in her veins five times faster.

Would someone blame me If i strangle her NOW?

Oh, she dealt with spoiled little brat every day since MingDe started. This one hasn't realized she was playing with the wrong one. She imagined how sweet it would've been to throw her iced coffee straight into the face of the arrogant girl that was so blatantly feigning to be friendly; without even realizing with a wicked smile.

"Shancai?" 

She suddenly regained focus, chuckled and looked intently into Xiaozi eyes, and with an innocent tone added  "Not that it concerns you Xiaozi, but... well, you know... I can tell you that both I and Ah Si aren't... virgins!" and then she winked impudently to an astonished Xiaozi that blushed instantly realizing what Shancai was implying. 

"Oh, I'm sorry Dong Shancai I didn't mean to be nosy but—"

"Don't worry, I'm sure you had no intention whatsoever to be nosy, asking about the sex life of people you don't know!" she retorted whit a sweet (fake) smile. 

That's when Shancai stood up and inadvertently spilled her still full glass of coffee on that ridiculously expensive designer coat Xiaozi was wearing.

"Oh I'm SO sorry Xiaozi, I didn't mean to be clumsy, I'll cover your laundry expenses. I have to go; I remembered I had somewhere else to be. Stay in touch. It was nice talking to you!"

>>>

"So THAT IS the first time you realized you were in love with me? BECAUSE OF XIAOZI?!"

"That's the first time I realized I was deadly jealous, you idiot. Now come here and kiss your wife."