4 - Babysitting

Li was sitting in the living room toying around nonchalantly, he stood up and with surgical precision thrown his basketball against the family photo standing near the Qing dynasty vase—that was as worthy as the whole mansion he was living in—and making it wobble dangerously on the edge of the chest of drawers.

But the vase didn't fall, as planned.

He smirked.

HUAZE LI! STOP. RIGHT. THERE. THIS. MOMENT!

WHAT DID I TOLD YOU ABOUT PLAYING BASKETBALL INSIDE THE HOUSE?!

Yelled a very angry Dong Shancai.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I stumbled on the carpet, and the ball slipped through my hands, I wasn't playing inside I swear."

Shancai looked at the five years kid in disbelief; she had seen just seconds ago that Li UNEQUIVOCABLY did it on purpose.

"You shouldn't lie, Huaze Li, now come here and give me that ball, then go to your room and write an apology letter telling me why you were wrong, did you understand me?"

Because obviously the almost five years old kid was a genius precisely like his father and was already able to read and write.

"Yes, of course," said Li smiling.

Meanwhile, the front door opened as Lei returned home. Shancai snorted before venting.

"YOUR SON TRIED AGAIN TO PLAY WITH THAT STUPID BASKETBALL INSIDE THE HOUSE AND ALMOST BROKE THE VASE! I TOLD YOU IT WAS A BAD IDEA TO LET THE KIDS PLAY WITH THE F3 SO OFTEN!"

"Well, hello to you too! Which son exactly did this?" smiled Huaze Lei somewhat entertained by his son audacity.

"Li, it was Li" replied Shancai.

Lei remained silent, "Is everything ok for tonight's dinner?"

- - -

"Did you took them?" Asked Li?

"DUH! Of course, I did! Nice move hitting the photo! She had no idea at all." smiled Liang proudly.

- - -

As she was giving the final touches to the dinner table, Shancai went to check in the kitchen if everything was alright with the menu for the guests.

The caterers were moving all around the home to set everything for the party. One of the waiters approached with a worried expression all over his face "Dong Shancai I'm sorry, but we are missing the coconut and chocolate filled cupcakes, we checked in all the house fridges, but we couldn't find them, were they delivered already?"

"Yes they were delivered this morning, I received them mys... OH HELL!"

"UNBELIEVABLE!" yelled Shancai.

The two little fuckers tricked her AGAIN, using the fact she was busy working for the party.  It wasn't the first time she fell for their schemes, they had the same peaceful smile as their father after all, and she had a soft spot for that smile since the very beginning.

But now she missed a whole bunch of frosted cupcakes, and she was positive concerned about the mess the two little munchkins could've already caused with all that chocolate to the home and themselves.

Shancai was about to check the kids when the kitchen room opened wide.

"WHAT. DID. THEY. DO. THIS. TIME?!" asked a fainting Xiaozi.

"Oh, nothing big: while Li feigned playing basketball inside to get my attention—menacing the Qing dynasty vase by the way—Liang came in the kitchen and stole a whole trail of frosted cupcakes, and I felt for the stupid decoy once again cause I keep forgetting YOUR KIDS ARE AS CONNIVING AS YOU AND HUAZE LEI PUT TOGETHER! "

"I'm so sorry; I don't know what to say anymore!  Thank you for babysitting on them even while working for the dinner party tonight!" 

"You're welcome, Xiaozi, you know I love yours and Huaze Lei's little suckers anyway!"

"Now if you excuse me I'll go home to get ready before Ah Si chokes yelling at me cause I'm late. Everything is set for tonight, and my employees will call me if anything goes wrong, but it won't! We aren't the best catering service in Shanghai for nothing! Even if your sons stole the cupcakes!"

"Thank you again Shancai, see you later with Ah Si. Oh, will you bring FengFeng?"

"No, she's going to stay home with her granny! Malefifeng has still to make amends for a lot of things, so she's on babysit duties until the end of times." Smirked Shancai. "Later!"

---

And that's it for the babysit prompt! Pheww!

I had the Lei-Xiaozi theme in my draft folder since October / November 2018, finally, I was able to use it. I hereby apologize with Dr-Cokebottles cause of the kiddos theme, I hope you can forgive, It's just a mention for the sake of fluff!

Thank you to rainingmeteors for reading the one-shot beforehand and helping with the names of the LeiZi Twins! ❤️

As usual, a shout out for all the girls taking part in the prompt game!

JVH624 Daphnecs8 Meggyhashope Zazounette86 evfabricando Dr-Cokebottles monicacantwrite rainingmeteors

The prompt is for everyone to have fun with, so If feel you've something CaiSi to say to the world, please say it! The more, the merrier!