The Late Night Disturbance

Severus strode through the dark halls of Hogwarts on his nightly patrol. He walked through halls he usually wouldn't patrol, trying to find something interesting to waste some time. He knew he wouldn't get much sleep tonight. He let out a sigh, it was days like these where he wanted nothing more than to curl up in bed and sleep for days but he couldn't, he knew that the image of Lily's dead body would haunt him in his dreams again. It seems like the dunderheads he had to teach were just trying to make his life a living hell. Oh, and don't forget the perfect Golden Boy, Harry Potter.

He continued making his way through the maze of halls. Just as he was passing Gryffindor tower he heard something. A scream. He turned around swiftly, just in time to see the fat lady open and someone step out. Neville turned towards him, a look of worry on his face. "Help, it's Harry. We don't know what's wrong with him."

Severus followed Neville through the portrait hole and towards the door of the boys dorm room, his robes billowing behind him. When they entered, Severus could see a small crowd around one of the beds. "Move." Severus commanded. The Griffindors, upon seeing the man they all refers to as the greasy dungeon bat, took a step back from the bed.

What he saw was concerning to say the least...