Chapter 1 - The beginning

"And why are we letting you do this again?" asked Lillian's father.

" I dunno. 'Cause you're stupid," Lillian rolled her eyes at her overprotective father. Nobody would let her do anything fun and exciting because she was a girl. She was 23. She didn't even know why she was living with her parents still. She bet that whoever she was going on this quest with wasn't held back like this! "Lillian!" her mother snapped, afraid that they would get in a fight again.

Although, her husband didn't stand a chance. "Let her go on this mission, Bob. She has been so excited it would be horrible to change your mind now!"

"see! Someone gets it!" Lillian said, running around the house for supplies, "Can I go yet?"

"Fine." Bob crossed his arms in disapproval. But Lillian had already left.

Ivy walked up to the gates, escaping from the place she called home. I should move here, she thought. Not like it would be any different. She sighed and went through the gates. Ivy never talked much. Well, she never really talked at all. People's reactions to that were never good, so she was always nervous when she met someone new. Today she was meeting three new people, to do something very important. At least that was what she had been told.

"I'm glad you could make it today!" said the joyful wizard as he handed Callen a cup of tea, "I know you don't want to leave your friends, but this might be good for you. " What does that mean?" Callen raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I heard that the two girls you will be paired with are great role models. Might just shape you up!" Before Callen could respond someone burst through the door. "Hello!" Said the girl at the door. "Hm", Callen gulped down his tea, "You're definitely excited".

The girl at the door was wearing a pink top with a gold rim. She had blond hair pulled up into a ponytail. She had on a gold skirt, gold boots and pink gloves. Everything was some kind of armor. She must've come from Soleil, for pink and gold were some sort of symbol for that kingdom.

"Ah, you must be Lillian!" Exclaimed the wizard.

"Yes I am!" Another girl peeked from behind Lillian. She looked confused. This other girl wore a green dress, getting lighter at the bottom. She had her black hair over one eye. The uncovered eye was green. She wore a tiara of some kind. "Uh, Hi!" Callen said, finding it a little creepy that two girls had just busted through the door.

"Hello!" Lillian said, "Sorry for just busting in like that." The girl behind looked scared as well.

"Come in, come in." the wizard welcomed, "Would you two like anything to drink?"

"No thanks," Lillian said, taking a seat. The girl in green shook her head.