Chapter 2

"Wait! Where are we going?!" I screamed as we flew over New York.

The horse seemed to look at me like, Dude, you really don't know where we're going?

So after an hour on the horses' stiff back, we started decending down toward a lush green field with a single pine tree that seemed to glow gold in some parts. At first I thought there was nothing in the field, but as we got closer, I noticed that there were houses: one had grass on it, another had barbed wire fences surrounding it, so it looked like a military base that went commando, and a third had a trident sticking out from it. Dozens of kids in orange shirts were wandering around, doing strange activities- climbing a rock wall that seemed to have lava spewing out of it, fighting each other with swords, and what seemed like an out-of-place activity for this camp, canoeing. Several kids were looking at me.

After we landed, one kid with black hair, sea green eyes, and an air around him that made every single molecule in my body scream, Run! A girl with blond hair falling down her shoulders and gray eyes that seemed to be deciding whether or not to kill me was at this guy's side.

"Where am I?" I said.

"Camp Half-Blood" the boy said.