prompt #1

April 30th, 1919

Times are getting rough for me and my family. We're slowly running out of food, clean water and fresh clothes for the family to wear. My wife does not work, she stays with the kids to make sure they do what needs to be done for us to get by. My son, Jason, is a paperboy for the Denver Post but because he is underage he gets paid only ¢5 for every news paper he sells, he is Nine. My daughter, Leslie, now stays with Mom after she got told to fuck off and was pushed by a fat bastard named Robert, she is seven. I work in Construction, it pays $2 an hour which is the best pay for us Construction workers. Believe me if I could BE anything I wanted to be, I'd make my dreams come true, I'd be a baseball player playing for the New York Yankees. Imagine, If I could be a baseball player, my family wouldn't be suffering nor crying or begging for food, water, clean clothes to wear, or money. We'd live in a big Mansion and have all the fresh clothes, best food and any amount of water we want, my family would be happy, loving, caring, grateful and live stress free, without having to answer to any sort of authority. We'd only answer to each other and support one another. One can only dream can they? One can only dream of doing the right  thing for their families. One can dream of a happy and healthy family without a single illness to fear. I wish I could have chased after those dreams 30 years ago but now, I am 40 years old with lung cancer, getting weaker by the day and dying by the minute. I have nothing to give to my family but trust me I am blessed to have them, but if I was a success, if I was a baseball player, my family would be blessed to have me.