Update

"Stop!" the manager said, as they were all leaving the building. "Jongdae, hold Suho's hand."

Chen protested, but the manager linked their hands and forced Xiumin to walk at the back of the group. "If the fans are going to think you're gay, at least don't show it with your actual partner."

Chen pulled a face to Xiumin, who rolled his eyes back and turned to talk to Luhan.

Luhan was on his phone, waiting for mobile data. He held it up to the light as they exited.

Ping! Sehun's phone went off in his pocket. He checked it. It wasn't a text. That fanfic had updated. The one Xiumin said was Luhan's.

Luhan must really like Xiumin, Sehun decided, almost bumping into something as he read. But he's going out with Kai...

Sometimes Sehun had trouble remembering what was fanfiction and what wasn't. Especially seeing some of the couples in the group. He rested his head on the back of someone else's seat in the car. Suho.

As soon as they sat down and closed the doors, Chen dropped Suho's hand. He trailed his fingers behind him to meet Xiumin's.

Suho closed his eyes and cringed at what had happened in the bathroom.

Chanyeol ran his fingers down the side of Suho's face, stroking his high cheekbones.

Suho felt a tickle in his nose but ignored it as he moved closer to the tall boy. Their lips were almost touching--

Suho sank further into his seat, frowning and remembering.

He'd sneezed all over the boy he wanted to kiss.

Chanyeol had been nice about it, wiping his face and saying it wasn't Suho's fault, but deep down Suho felt that Chanyeol was disgusted.

Chanyeol was sitting further behind, talking to Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. Baekhyun and Tao were trying to keep their relationship on the quiet side, although Tao had his fingers interlocked with his boyfriend's, in Baekhyun's lap.

"Cheer up," Baekhyun said, taking Kyungsoo's hand as well. It fell limply between them.

Tao squeezed Baekhyun's hand, making his heart leap slightly.

Meanwhile, Kris and Lay were sitting in silence. Kris hadn't said anything more, but Lay knew he'd gone to find Taemin and Kyungsoo had come back hurt.

"Yixing..." Kris whispered.

"When you asked me out, I should never have said yes," Lay said quietly. "Poor Tao...I could have just kept my feelings inside forever..."

Kris pulled the younger boy's head around to face him. "Lay, I'm sorry it didn't work out exactly right, but we can try, right?"

Honestly, Kris was scared of having a night on his own with Tao. The night before, his roommate had slept somewhere else to avoid the hassle of sharing a room with his ex, but now they would have to share.

"Please swap beds with Tao for the night," Kris begged. That would mean Tao would end up in Suho's room, but Lay would be with him...

"I'm a really restless sleeper," Lay said quickly, trying to think of an excuse. "I often go for a walk at midnight, you'd hate me being there." I don't want him to find out I turn into a unicorn at midnight.

"You're my boyfriend, why would I hate you being there?" Kris said, playfully running his hands through Lay's hair.

"So you're not angry...about Taemin?"

Kris pretended not to hear. He needed Lay to believe he would take him back for the plan to work.