Prologue

Once upon a time, there lived a prince. He was kind and did his part to ensure the happiness of his people. There was no hatred in his heart nor did he desire more than he was given. After losing his parents, he did everything he could to keep the peace in the kingdom. Everyone adored their prince and never wished for anyone else to become their king.

Jealousy soon overtook close allies. Another prince nearby wanted to take over his kingdom but could not if he lived. The kingdom's forces were too strong and mighty for a single prince to take on, so he found someone within the royal family to find a way to take the throne. A plan was hatched and the evil prince found himself a witch to pay for a spell to turn the kind prince into a horrible beast. The witch gave the evil prince a rose infused with the spell. All he had to do was get the prince to touch one of its thorns. The witch warned him, the kind prince would only need to find true love and the spell would be broken. He did not heed her warning as the kind prince had not found his true love yet. Being a beast will only ensure that would never happen.

The evil prince returned to the kingdom and gave the rose to the traitor. It was simple enough to give it but the time was needed to execute it perfectly. He waited until the coronation of the Prince when all gathered to witness the Prince become the King. He gave the rose to the kind prince and ensured his finger was pricked, the spell was in motion!

The prince, in front of all his friends and people, turned into a hideous beast. He grew bigger and stronger. Sprouted fangs and his raven like hair turned into white flames. His beautiful ocean eyes turned red and his kind nature turned into a spoiled and horrible attitude. He lost himself and all that knew him before were soon terrified of their prince. The spell that was meant just for the prince turned larger and soon cursed everyone in the castle and the castle itself.

All that was left was the ruins of the curse and the single rose hidden away in the prince's wing. All that was known was that the traitor was among the staff and they only had a limited time before the spell would be permanent forever. With each petal from the rose that falls, the staff would become more like objects and the castle would destroy itself little by little.

The hope that brightens the kingdom soon disappeared as there was no one coming to the castle, no one to save them. The prince himself was lost to hope and never could believe in it again. For who could ever learn to love a beast?