New words

Mike and El were in Mike's basement. It was one of the few afternoons that Hopper let her stay somewhere else that wasn't home.
He studied while she just doodled in an old notebook Mike had lend her, so she wouldn't be bored.

She decided to make a little game with her own self. Since she would enter public school next semester, Hopper and Joyce were constantly teaching her basic things and stuff the other kids had already learned at school, so she would go along well. Most of the time she liked to study alone too, with games she invented to impress herself and sometimes, Mike too.

The game she made this time consisted in, looking up a word from the dictionary and draw it to see if she really got the meaning of it, because with drawings everything seemed easier.

"Mike?" She called the boy studying on the table in front of her.

"Yes, El?" He replied, turning to face her.

"What should I draw as the meaning of nature?" She asked.

"What does it say in the dictionary?" He asked, paying attention to her.

"The phe-phenomena of the physi-sical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth, as opposed to humans or human creations." She read everything that was written in the big, thick book.

"Well, so basically it's everything that isn't made by human beings. So plants and animals." He explained, with a pen on his hand.

"Oh, okay. Thank you." She smiled at him and started tracing with a green pencil, drawing a tree and some flowers.

El had already three words and now she was making sentences whenever she finished more three words.

'Green is predominant in the nature.'

"Mike what is un-unexplainably?" She tapped his shoulder.

"It's something unexplainable. Something you can't explain with words." He responded, while filling his exercises.

"Thanks." She said, drawing 'word' with an X crossing it.

"And what is Love?" She said, furrowing her eyebrows. Hopper always said things about love, but he hadn't really explained what it meant to her. She just knew it was a strong feeling you had for someone.

"Oh." He trembled and stopped before answering. They hadn't really said 'I love you' to each other and it was hard too explain. So he basically described how he felt when she was around. "Lo-love is a feeling that you have towards someone you like much more than as a friend." He paused, "O-of course you can love friends too, because there are a lot of types of love. Like from your family, friends or a boyfriend or a girlfriend. When you love someone as a boyfriend or a girlfriend, your legs shake when your around them, you sweat, get nervous, look at their lips with the intention to kiss and most important, would do everything to protect them at any cost."

"Okay." She said, looking at her notebook. "But what should I draw re-referring to love?" She asked, using proudly a new word.

"Um," He thought. "Probably a heart, that's what most people draw. I don't really know why, but I guess it's because it's the most important organ of our body and without it we die. Just like life without love."

"Okay." She said, starting a new drawing, opening another box of colored pencils.

After about 10 minutes, Mike finished studying and turned the TV on to watch something with El.

"Sorry I couldn't give you the attention you deserve. But I had to study for Tuesday's science test." He sighed, with the remote control in his hand.

"I understand." She smiled at him. She understood him, just like she always did, just like he always needed. "Look!" She got up from the couch and stood up to pick up the doodles she had made.

"They're beautiful El! I'm proud of you." He exclaimed before giving her a tiny kiss on the cheek. "But why is there a boy with dark hair and a blue sweater here?" He asked confused.

"Can't you read?" She chuckled. "It's you. It's written 'love' below it. I drew you as the meaning of love." She blushed lightly and looked down.

Oh God. That girl was too much for him. Mike's cheeks heated immediately.
He certainly didn't deserve her. Little did he know she wasn't finished with melting his heart. There was more, much more, on its way.

"And here is the phrase I made!" She pointed to the sentence under the drawing of him and the 'word' crossed.

'I love Mike unexplainably much.' He read it. His heart exploding with joy inside his chest, and the widest smile someone could've ever had appeared on his red face.

"I love you so fucking much El." He said, kissing her passionately.

——

A/n:

Hey guys, I finally posted! 
I don't know if I'm gonna continue with this book.

Leave your opinions in the comments. Feel free to give suggestions.

Love you,
see you next chapter.