10. a precious phone call.

I woke up the next morning feeling like how I've always felt, trashy. I wasn't a morning person, and I don't think I'd ever be one.

I washed my face before staring at myself in the mirror. I suddenly thought about what happened yesterday and how close he was to me. All I wanted was a smiling picture of that face of his so that it'll attract more readers.

I didn't expect to get caught either.

I sighed, biting my bottom lip before walking out.

I didn't want to start anything more even though I didn't know my exact feelings for him. But we did make a deal to just stay as friends.

Seven years ago though.

I walked to the kitchen, trying to find ramen somewhere hidden in the cabinets when my phone began buzzing.

I quickly checked the name of the person calling when it read, 'Unknown'.

I dropped the phone on my counter and continued on my search for ramen because I never answered numbers I didn't know, because you never know what could happen.

After the buzzing stopped, it buzzed once and I walked over to check it.

'It's me, Taehyung.' It read.

I felt my heart sinking as my phone slipped out of my hands. Taehyung? Kim Taehyung? I quickly picked up my phone again and rereading the text message for the fifth time.

A second later his number began calling again and I sucked in a deep shaky breath before urging myself to answer it.

The other end was silent, and my lips were zipped shut. I couldn't say a word.

"Aera?" His soft, raspy voice whispered through the phone and I had all I could to stop my aching heart from aching.

It's been 7 years since I cut him out of my life. It wasn't easy really, but he really hurt me.

But pushing all the drama aside, he was my best friend. And I missed him.

"Aera? Are you there?" He asked and I quickly hung up. I stared at my phone, feeling a mix of emotions. What would I say? How would I say it?

And his voice.

I drew in another shaky breath as I dialed his number. "Hello?" He answered and I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"T-Taehyung?" I barely whispered, feeling my voice crack.

"Hello, Oh Aera. How have you been?" He softly asked. I didn't know why, either it's been too long or puberty happened, but he sounded a bit... different.

"Taehyung," I said again.
"Yes?" He replied.

I slightly smiled. "I missed you,"

There was silence for a couple of seconds when I felt him grinning. "I missed you more," He said.

I tapped my fingers on the counter whilst I stared out the window.

"Aera, I heard you become a journalist. I've seen some of your articles, they're really good," he said. "I'm proud of you,"

"Thank you," I thanked, feeling my heart warming up.

"I've been pretty busy myself," he said, the line becoming silent for a minute. "Uh, I've been traveling a lot. Right now I'm in Tokyo,"

"You're in Tokyo? Really? How is it? Must be nice,"

"Pretty busy. I haven't found the one for me yet though," he said, softly chuckling.