27. jins apology.

I sighed to myself as I made myself tea before staring out the window of my kitchen sink. I was actually sort of glad Ari didn't kill herself just because of a crush on a guy.

There had to be some other reason. I just don't know what it was. She didn't leave any journal or notes behind. I leaned back on my counter when I heard a knock on the door.

I quickly walked over and peeped in the peephole only to find Jin behind it.

I hesitated opening the door, but felt like I should open it. I swallowed before unlocking my door and opening it for him.

"Hi," he awkwardly said and I stared at him, not knowing what to say. It was weird. I felt happy for Jungkook that Jin's alive but at the same time I just felt upset because I wished Ari was too.

"Hello," I replied, softly smiling.

"Can I come in?" He asked, pointing to my house. "I won't bite,"

I bit my bottom lip before slowly moving back so he could come in. He smiled before coming inside. "How did you know I lived here?" I asked, closing the door behind him.

"Jungkook told me," he said, turning to face me. "I was gonna wait until he was done with work to come talk to you, but I decided not to."

"Okay," I replied before walking to my dining table. "Sit,"

"You must hate me," He softly said, pursing his lips. I watched as he walked over and sat across from me. "I just want to tell you I'm sorry, even though sorry can't really do anything."

"Then why say sorry?" I asked, softly arching a brow.

"Because I just want you to know that I am," He replied. "I know, this is all my fault. You must hate me like no tomorrow. I'm sorry, really sorry."

"I don't hate you." I stated. "I just feel... somewhat weird because I resented you for so long because I thought you were the reason my sister killed herself."

I watched as he looked down at the table, his eyes began to water. "I can't believe she did that," Jin mumbled. "I'm sorry,"

"Were you close to her back then?" I asked and I nodded.

"I was," He replied. "But we didn't have any feelings for each other. I was like the friend she can lean on"

"You were?"

"Yeah. But you know Mijin right?" He asked and I nodded, my eyes widening.

Kim Mijin, the girl who caused my sister harm. What if she was the reason my sister died.

"Kim Mijin?" I said, shifting my gaze to the table, feeling my fists tightening.

"Yeah, Kim Mijin," he confirmed. "Did you know what relationship she had with Ari?"

I shifted my gaze to him. "Yeah, she bullied her." I replied, gritting through my teeth. "Did you know?"

"I found out once but she told me that it was just a misunderstanding and that they already sort things out," Jin said and I scoffed.

"Yeah right," I muttered. "She probably didn't tell you anything like how she didn't tell me anything,"

"I'm sorry," Jin sighed and I looked away.

"Of course you are,"

"Hoseok!" I exclaimed, running towards his desk at the police station. "Hello!"

"Oh! Oh Aera!" Hoseok exclaimed, waving.

"You're that excited to see him?" Jungkook groaned, nudging me. I glared at Jungkook before rolling my eyes.

I sat down on the chairs in front of the desk as Jungkook did too. "You're mine though," Jungkook whispered, pulling me closer to him.

"In your dreams though," I whisper back as I shifted a bit further away.

"What do you two lovers want?" Hoseok asked and I swift my head to his direction.

"Can I get a really big favor?" I asked, smiling widely as I leaned on my palms.

"I can try to help," he slightly laughed.

"Do you think you can look into the text messages my sister exchanged on her phone over 5 years ago?" I asked extra politely, grinning widely as Jungkook scoffed.

I shifted my gaze to Jungkook who widened his eyes my way before rolling my eyes.

"Do you have her phone with you?" Hoseok asked and I nodded before handing it over to him.

"It'll take awhile to be able to go through it but I'll let you know once we get the information," he said, taking it.

"Thank you so much! You're the best," I exclaimed before giving him a fist bump.

"Bye Hoseok," Jungkook groaned as he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me out of the police station.

"Hey, Hey, Hey!" I groaned before he let go.

He pouted his lips as he squeezed my cheeks together. "Cutie," He said and I rolled my eyes once more.

"You're so lame," I slightly laughed, removing his hands off my face.

"You're so cute," he whined and I intertwined our hands together.

"Let's go and wait for the results," I said and he nodded.

"Yes baby,"

—