Kadens Friends. (9)

I wake up to the sound of Jamie crying, we had placed him in his 'big boy cot' as Kaden likes to call it, but honestly it was just a bed with little sides which stop him falling out in the night or even just getting out in general.

I rub my eyes as the sounds of Jamie still crying comes through the baby monitor next to the bed, I switch it off and jump out of bed ready to go and get my baby boy.

The landings light hits my eyes as soon as I open the door. I had left it on for Jamie, just in case he got scared when he woke up to the dark. I never liked the dark when I was younger, yet I had to get used to it because no one would pay the bills for the electric to work.

Making my way towards Jamie's room, I feel a tag on my wrist making me scream and throw a punch at my attacker.

I don't look at the person dressed in all black looking all buff, even though this person could easily take me on and snap me like a twig, they do nothing but try and grab my punching fists.

However, this does not work as my strongish punches are pretty fast. I end up headbutting the attacker while they bent down and grunted as I punched them in the stomach and knocked the wind out of them. Now straddling my attacker, I see the blood flowing out of the persons nose.

All that was running through my mind was that my baby boy was still in his room alone-- wait there might be another one. I quickly just up and try to get to him.

I hear a few moans of pain from my attacker and then, "Wow, Babe." I suddenly turn around and look at the figure on the floor, he pulls his hood down and only to come to see a bloody face mess of Kaden. I gasp and leg it to Jamie's room.

Jamie was crying his heart out, I grabbed him and rocked him back and fourth. I put him back in his bed after a couple of minutes as he settled down. After doing so I go and face Kaden.

He's in the kitchen, he's took his jacket of leaving him in a pain black t-shirt, his muscles on show. His back was too me as I approached him, his head hanging over the sink, he was making sounds which I could only guess were from pain.

"I'm so sorry," I started confidently, but as I see him stand up straighter I loose all confidence. "I-I-I didn't mean too. I mean, I-I-I just thought," I struggled with my words "Just thought that you was a threat."

I automatically stop talking as he turns around, with an impassive look on his face, and stalks towards me. I can see parts of dried up blood on his face and a bit of tissue stuck up both of his nostrils. Breathing out of his mouth sure does make him look scary. . . makes me scared.

He reached me, towering over my slightly shaking form, his lifts his hand and I flinch back.

"Babe, I'm not going to hurt you. I thought we gathered that out there, where you just beat me up." He let out a soft laugh, which was music to my ears.

"You scared me!" I rasie my voice a little. "I though. . . Jeez I don't know what I thought. Is it broken?" I ask looking at his nose, running a hand through my hair.

"Probably." He dismisses it as he comes over to comfort me. Grabbing my waist he pulls my body to his as he lifts me up and take us to the bedroom. "Its my own fault, Babe. Don't worry 'bout it okay?" He lays me on the bed holding eye contact with me. I nod, in a daze.

"Shouldn't you get that looked at? We should go to the hospital. Oh my god what if they get the police involved?" I sobbed out, unable to keep the guilt of what I had just done in.

"Babe, listen to me," Lifting me up again placing me in his lap, "It was my fault. I scared you and you just defended yourself. You've done nothing wrong, baby. I should off took my hood off when I had went to get Jamie anyway. And. . . about the nose I can sort it out myself, I've had plenty of broken noses before." His smile at the other end is what surprised me most, it wasn't fake, it was real, genuine.