Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Nɪɴᴇ

The apartment was dim, the only light peeking through from between the wooden boards nailed against the window. On the battered couch, Slash and I lied together, his arms securing my torso atop his broad figure. We said nothing, the rise and falls of our chests the only thing reminding each other that we were still alive.

His hands run through my hair with such ease, soothing me and casting me under his amorous spell. And I could only accept it.

Was it silence that told the story?
Was this the realization that perhaps the renounced start of a beautiful love was ending here?

"Axl—"

"I know, Slash. I know." And we went back to silence. He released a long breath, and my head descends with his chest as I squirm above him. I raise up, capturing his lips in a long, despondent kiss— a kiss that could mean anything at this point.

Because even he knew that I was using everything within me to let this happen.
I wasn't capable of loving him the right way.
I just couldn't.

His fingers dance along my back, pressing me closer to him as they find their way back into my hair, tugging slightly as he gently bites down on my lips. My mouth parts as I release a shaky breath, and carefully, he sits himself up and allows me to straddle him atop his lap.

"Slash~" I exhale, pressing my forehead against his as his hands move in circles along my lower back.

"Please don't make me stop," he whines, reconnecting our lips with such force and desperation in his actions. "Please, Axl."

I say nothing and allow him to feather his lips along my jawline and down my neck, biting down softly and erupting a lilting whine from my throat. I gasp as his calloused fingertips trail beneath my shirt, pulling the fabric up and over my head gently.

He carefully stands up, holding me with my legs wrapped around his waist and cautiously resting me back down on the couch, diving right back down to glide his tongue along my lips.

My head was spinning, and my heart was aching with every second that passed us by.

The desire I had acquired for him was heightening in ways I hadn't quite anticipated, revealing how badly I wanted him. How could I reject this?

He kisses down my collarbone, descending to my chest and sliding his tongue along the incline between my stomach and v-line. I bite down on my lips, stifling a shaky moan as he smirks against my perspiring skin.

"Saul," I plead, reaching down and grabbing his hair in urge to feel him even more. I needed him, and his patience was beginning to frustrate me.

"What do you need, Axl?" He questions sweetly. Bastard.

His teeth nip at the waistband of my pants, and I could barely keep still as his chin brushes along my crotch.

Hell, this was so wrong!

But Matt's words play in my head again.
I just needed to let it happen.

Let it happen, Axl.
Just fucking let it—"

He pulls away, and my eyes open with the loss of intimacy. His hands reach for my face and gently swipes a tear from my cheek— a tear I didn't realize I had shed somewhere within the intensity of the situation.

He then grabs my shirt, tossing it at me and beckoning me to put it back on before he sits beside me on the couch, hands clasped and lips pursed.

I wanted to question why he had stopped, but was I a fool to realize that my overwrought emotions were the cause of this?
Curse me for being so goddamn emotional!

"I know you're not into it," he finally speaks, and my head perks up at his saddened tone. "You're not ready."

"No, Slash! I-I—"

"Can't you fucking see what's going on?" He exclaims, his tone sending a shiver down my spine as I sink back into the couch fearfully.

"Saul—"

"You're scared of love, Axl! Why can't you just stop?"

"Slash, please. I don't want to drive you away." My voice is low, my words formulating monotonously. And he sighs, rubbing the bridge of his nose before facing me again.

"You know what, Axl? Yes, you're a fucking pain in the ass, and you mess things up, hell, you even screwed up the band with your stupid behavior! But can't you see that I'm still fucking here? Why exactly? Because I fucking love you, Axl! You could be mine, but you're too fucking petrified. You could be mine, but your first response to every euphoric emotion is to destroy it. You could be mine, but admit it, there's a part of you that is so scared of being alone that you know breaking my heart would drive me out of the band. Well, guess what? Break my heart as many times as you want, and I'll still be here because that's just how much I love you!"

I stare at him. Dumbfounded.
Words are framed against my lips, but the second I speak, all that comes out is a stunned sigh. His eyes are glossed with tears, his shoulders rising and falling as he breathed heavily. Sweat beads down his forehead, and his fists ball with impatience.

"Say something, Axl. Fuck, say anything," he pleaded, unable to wait any longer. If I said nothing, he would walk out of my life, but if I said something, I had the potential to fuck up whatever the future held.

I didn't realize how quickly time was passing us until he scoffed loudly, bringing his hands to his face and wiping away the tears he had wished to hold back.

"What else did I expect?" He laughed, but his voice was deprived of any humor. He spun on his heel, and just as he was about to leave the abode, desperate to get anywhere away from me, I grabbed his wrist hastily.

"Saul.. please-please don't go," I begged liltingly.

What would come out of keeping him with me? I wouldn't know. But all I could feel was an impounding desperation in my heart driving me to the brink of eagerness.

He shook his head, fighting back tears as he pulled his hand away from mine.

"I'm sorry, Axl. I think you need some time.. on your own," he says, his voice just above a harsh whisper, cracking as he emitted each word.

And with that, he walked out the door, leaving me alone and broken.

"Please come back!" I call out.
But he was already gone.

•.•.•

A/N

I wrote this story to get me through my exam weeks, and now i don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do with it.

Anyways, thanks for reading, and if you enjoyed please leave feedback or vote.

Much love <3