Chapter 33

Loves her? There couldn't be anyway possible that Liam loved JJ more than a friend. I mean, yeah, we all love her, like we all love each other but the way he said it, the emotion in his voice, the truth to his words. A shiver ran up my spine as I felt a renewed wave of energy course through me. I sat up a little straighter and stared at Liam who nuzzled into Alexis. I decided to ignore it, or, I was going to. 

Liam held Alexis closer before kissing the back of her head and whispered in his slumber, "I love you, JJ. I'm sorry about your baby. I'm sorry you have to go throught this. I love you." 

My eyes widened more as I stood up abruptly jolting Alexis in the process, "What's wrong Hazza?"

I raised a finger to my lips to indicate her to shush. Curiously, she did as told and waited, staring at me like I was losing my mind until she heard Liam speak again. Liam shed a tear and hugged Alexis closer, "JJ, I'm so sorry, I really am. I love you so much. Don't forget that, not ever."

"What the hell-" Alexis started as I shushed her again. I mouthed the words 'He's sleep talking' to her as she nodded lightly indicating she understood me clearly. I watched as she raised a brow curiously before she psst'd me, "I think he's dreaming about her!" Alexis whispered. 

I nodded in agreement and stared at him confusedly. Why though? What about Danielle? What about Zayn?! I know he and Danielle haven't spoken much lately but surely things weren't over between them? Plus, Liam had the upmost respect for Zayn. So of all girls he could fall in love with, why JJ? I raised my hands in a why manner and looked at Alexis as she cringed. In fact, Alexis didn't look all that suprised which suprised me, "What do you know that I don't?" 

Whispereing her reply I felt more confused, "Earlier on today, he told her he loved her and that he wouldn't do anything but she had to remember that he would always be there for her."

Liam did what now? No, I was missing something, surely, "Out of the blue? This must have started-"

That's when it dawned on me. Back at5 the beginning, the very beginning, we had all walked in to see a group of girls standing around, casually dressed, no make up on but were the most glorious and beautiful ones in there. Those girls were JJ, Alexis, Rachel,  Amber and Skye who were soon accompanied by Gloria and Lana. Right as we stepped through the door Liam had spotted a girl who took his breath away instantaneously. It was he who pointed the girls ouit and then the next thing I knew Zayn was eagerly leading us towards them. Little did I know that it was for JJ, I thought he was just being a male. 

I remember the look on Liams face as JJ smiled. I thought she was beautiful too but Alexis had already caught my eye and my heart. I watched the blush crawl across his cheeks as she said hello and then, when Zayn and JJ announced their secret relationship, Liams face was an emotional wreck. I don't understand why it hjas taken me this long to figure that out! Why didn't I see this earlier. This would explain the cold shoulder Zayn was recieving from Liam that night.

Alexis watched me intently as I pieced together the rest of the puzzle that had left me and nmow Alexis confused. JJ was the girl Liam saw, the girl who had stolen his breath away, the girl he thought to end things between Danielle and himself, for. Liam fell in love with JJ the second he laid eyes on her and then he had to hide them, try to force them away for Zayn and Danielle. Only it magnified those feelings for her so much so that he was now projecting it out without knowing so.

Alexis coughed quietly, "Care to enlighten me handsome?".

"Liam fell for JJ from the very start and has hidden those feelings from everyone since then." I whispered back as her mouth gaped open before she looked over at Liam sadly. Alexis rolled over to face him fully and started poking his face lightly.

Liam groaned but otherwise opened his eyes and released Alexis, "I'm sorry, Alexis."

"It's okay, Liam." Alexis responded sincerely before taking his hand, "Liam, you were talking about JJ in your sleep. You kept saying...well, you kept saying you love her."

"I did? Wait, I said that? I couldn't have. I was dreaming about..." Liam said as he trailed of and closed his eyes as he realised he was dreaming of her, "No! I wasn't suppose to continue feeling this way but, it's so hard when she's around, smiling the way she does, sounding the way she does and smelling like tropical fruit the way she does."

"Thats hair products." Alexis giggled softly as Liam half smiled.

"I guess I should have told someone earlier." Liam said crossing his arms across his chest and going silent.

Alexis grabbed his arms and uncrossed them, "Don't do that, you're closing yourself of and that isn't good for you."

"What would I do without you?" Liam answered with a grin.

"I don't know but I never want to see the day." I said as she turned with a loving smile just for me, myself and I.