two

voice mail #2
october 10, 12:38 pm

"hey borim, it's me again. it's our lunch break right now. the bell will ring in two minutes so i'm just going to make this quick.

"the number one reason you want to kill yourself is because you feel like no one cares about you, right?

"well guess what, i do. i care about you a lot. if i didn't, i wouldn't even be leaving you this voice message. i know you won't reply to these, but just hear me out, okay?

"you matter to me, borim. it hurts me everytime i see the cuts on your wrist. it hurts me everytime i see you force a smile to other people. it hurts me seeing you break down and cry. it hurts me so much knowing that you're going through this right now.

"sometimes, i feel like i'm going crazy because i can't stop thinking about you. i keep on thinking if you're okay, if you're eating. i get so worried about you and it's driving me crazy.

"can't you tell me where you are? can we just talk? you remember what i told you last time? whenever you need someone to talk to, i'm always here. you could tell me anything, borim. i miss you so much— shut the fuck up, jungkook, for the love of god! i didn't take your fucking banana milk!

"sorry about that, jungkook keeps on accusing me of stealing his banana milk. i didn't, i swear! that was one time, okay? i don't care about his banana milk anymore. but you know what i care about? you. i—

jimin sighed as the bell suddenly rang from the other end of the line.

"aw shit man, i was just delivering my cheesy pick up line and the bell just had to ring! anyways, i care about you okay? and if you ever forget that, i will never get tired of reminding you every single day. i have to go to class now, bye borim."

i slightly chuckled as tears kept on falling down my cheeks.