The accident

I had just figured my life out, my new boyfriend would be my husband in a couple of years and we would have three kids, Isabelle, Cathrin, and Joseph. We would love all in our little one story house. Spencer and I would each get our masters when we graduate. I, in chemical engineering and Spencer becoming a neurosurgeon.

As I headed out of our house I grab my jacket, it's was supposed to be 23 degrees today.

We all pile into the mini van and off we go to the airport to pick up my father, he finally gets a day to come home from the Air Force. The airport is five hours away. We live in the middle of no where. Ughhhh! I have to hang in the car for five hours with my annoying little brother, Jared, he's 11 and I'm 17. 6 years of difference is wayyyy to much.

Last week there was a helicopter accident and investigators found out it was the air forces, and some terrorists had gotten to it. Bunch of darn terrorists and Air Force security. Thank god it wasn't my father, thanks. I would have died if he was the one killed in that accident.

Half way through the trip we take a bathroom/snack break to get gas. My mom leans into the car and asks

"You guys hungry? What do you want?"

"Trumoooooo!" Jared shouts. I roll my eyes, he does know that that is the same as chocolate milk just like 40 cents more, right?

"Okay Jared, what do you want Marvel?"

Marvel is my nickname, my full name is Marvin. It can be a female name too.

"If they have hot cocoa can I get some of that?" I say.

"It is kindof chilly, sure i'll get one too." She replys.

"Oh! I want hot cocoa!" Jared shouts. "Alright, is that all?" She asks one more time. we each look at each other and nod.

"Okay, ill be back in a sec don't do anything." she says looking at us using the finger pointing with two finger, as if she has her eyes on us.

We all giggle.

She returns with three hot cocoas and a bag of potato chips. Then back on the road we go.

It had began snowing when we left the station and it was just a flurry, not much at all. We had the heat on full blast though, it was freezing!

We were listening to whatever came onto the radio, just singing along.

"Cheers to never growing up!" we all sang in unison with the music.

The flurry had turned into a blizzard now and we could barely see the road.

My mom suggested pulling over but my brother refused saying "but were almost there!" So we kept going.

It had started getting dark but it was only 5pm so we had to turn on our lights. As we turn onto the airport road high beams flash from the side of us followed by dozens of horn beeps, it's too late to swerve, the red truck had already hit us and we were flipping with the car all the way down the road......