Chapter one

I pull the jeans over my hips. I rest my hands on the waistband and stare at my ribs through my skin. Taking a deep breath, I pull my tank top down over my stomach and put a big hoody on over it. I hear a knock at the door. "Who is it?" I ask and turn around. My brothers standing at the door. He's wearing the same dirty clothes as yesterday. He walks into my room and I can smell the weed mixed with beer. "Get out!" I scream "get out of my room!"

"What's your problem?" He asks slowly. He's drunk.

"I said get out!" I scream louder. He backs out of my room.

"I think" he takes a break to cough "you need help"

"I need help?" I ask and think about taking a step closer to him but I think agin. "What about you? You're the one that's on drugs!" I take a step closer, just to slam the door in his face.

"I'm not the one that's anorexic!" His yell slices through the silent house. A tear falls from my eye. I quickly wipe it away. After a minute I hear his heavy boots stomp down the hallway. My life story? Let's see... My grandmother was a drunk. She went to a bar every weekend, different guy every weekend from eighth grade to ninth. She wanted to start over in tenth. She stopped drinking and met a guy at school that she really liked. I mean she REALLY liked him. So she got with him. She ended up pregnant and she told him. He punched her in the stomach, killing the baby. She really thought she loved him. After that, she never saw him agin. She stayed hidden for the rest of the year, and started drinking agin. In eleventh, she was with a different guy every other weekend. She didn't have horrible grades, she only failed one year, witch was tenth. Her loosing the baby pushed her to forget school. She was hidden the whole other year, focusing on the work because failing was the second worst thing in her life.

One night she was supper depressed and drunk a lot. She was with like five guys that weekend. She decided she was going to start fresh agin and turn her life around. She was celebrating one month without drinking when she got sick to her stomach. She took a pregnancy test and it was positive. She didn't want another kid, she thought she was incapable of taking care of children, but she was not going to give the baby up. She laid low for nine months, until she went into labor in the middle of a class room. She dropped out shortly after. My great grandma, my grandmas mom, kicked her out of the house because she had a baby and wasn't in school anymore. So she was living on the streets at 17 with a new born child, my mom.

She was fighting to live, but my mom was in perfect healthy. One day when my mom was a month away from being a year old, a man walked up to my grandmother. My mom took her first steps that day. He offered for her to stay at his place, but said no because she was scared to death of trusting another man. He begged her for hours, and then she finally said yes, she was just going to check it out. He fed her food, and introduced my mom to table food. He was playing with my mom that night when my grandma drifted off to sleep. She slept the whole night. My grandma stayed there a few nights, getting healthier and healthier everyday. She got to know the man well and started to slightly trust him. That's when she told him everything that happened to her, why she was on the streets. He told her she should go out and get a job, start her life. She was almost nineteen. My moms first word was "dada". I don't know what my grandmothers name was, or the mans name.

She got a job. The man watched my mom while she worked. He pretty much raised my mom. He was there when she said her first word, her first steps, and he also potty trained her.

She was getting her life back, well that's what everyone thought. She had a bright smile during the day, but cried herself to sleep at night, when the past haunted her. She was leaving one day for work, but she wasn't planning on going to work. She wrote the man a note, which is mine now. This is what it said: