Chapter 3

A pain slices thro my skull. I stop walking and put my hand on my forehead.

"Are you okay?" Rachel asks. I nod and start walking agin.

"I took a bite of sandwich earlier and when I eat I get head aches" a small smile tugs at the corners of my lips.

"Oh, I know what you mean" she puts her hand on my shoulder. "Here we are" she smiles and turns into a room. "Gabriella, this is Luke" I walk into the room and there's a guy laying on his bed with ear buds in. Rachel walks over and pulls them out of his ears. "Luke, this is Gabriella" He's wearing dark skinny jeans with a black t-shirt.

"Hello Gabriella" he smiles big and puts the ear buds back in.

"Isn't he sweet?" Rachel asks and sits next to him.

"Yep. Umm... I think I'm just gonna go..." I take a step back.

"Nonsense. You can stay" Rachel smiles brightly

"My head is killing me" I say.

"Oh, ok, I guess I'll see you in a little while." I nod and walk out of the room. When I make it back into my room, I lay on my bed and take deep breaths. After a few minutes, the headache is just getting worse, so I press my call button. A second later, a nurse runs into the room.

"What's the matter?" she asks.

"Headache" I manage to say, but it feels like my skull has been cracked open. When ever I eat, it don't normally hurt this bad. I squeeze my eyes close.

"Here, take these" she said, but her voice sounded far away. She pushed two pills into my hand and I swallowed them. I laid back on my pillow with my eyes still closed.

I wake up and the nurse that gave me the pills was sitting at the end of my bed. "My name is Tiffany" she smiles. "I'm here to talk whenever you need" I know I have to tell someone that works here that I have no home.

"Ok, so you are gonna be like the person I can tell anything to?" I ask.

"Yes. Lets start with what you think would have happened to cause your head ache"

"When I eat, I normally get head aches, so at first it was normal, but then it got a lot worse"

"Do you have any idea why?" she looks concerned.

"I live here now" It comes out easer than I plan.

"What about the woman that took you here? isn't she your mother?"

"No, my mom died, and Nancy is my moms friend" I try to explain, but it's hard to without explaining everything.

"I don't understand" she says, obesely puzzled. The only way for her to understand is if I explain it all, so I do. By the end of the never ending story, I'm sobbing and repeating 'I have to get better.'

"Sh" nurse Tiffany says and runs her hand up and down my back. It doesn't comfort me tho. "Im gonna go get you some food, okay? I am going to help you get better" I nod and she walks out the door. I slide under the hospital blankets and close my eyes.

I wake up to something cold on my stomach. "I walk out for a minute, and you fall asleep" I hear nurse say. My eyes fly open, and a bowl of ice cream is sitting on my stomach.

"What time is it?" I ask and sit up wiping the sleep from my eyes.

"Almost three" she takes a bite from the bowl in her hand. "just enuf time to go shopping" she mumbles to her ice cream. I look down at my bowl. It's green with tiny brown peaces in it. I sigh and pick up the spoon. I take a bite of the ice cream and the cold slides down my throat.

"I'm not hungry" I say sitting the bowl down next to nurse Tiffany.

"Whatever, more for me" she smiles.