Chapter two

"This is your bed" A guy with shoulder length blond hair says pointing at a hospital bed on one side of the room. There's two beds in the room. Nothing but hospital blankets on either.

"Who's is that?" I ask looking at the other bed.

"You'll meet her sooner or later" he smiles and walks out of the room. I sigh and sit on my bed. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, meet people? Taking a deep breath, I stand up and take a step out of the room. Then I change my mind and walk back to my bed. Nancy is at the house packing me clothes, witch I'm scared of what she will bring.

After a while of just staring at the ceiling, I decide I'm not just gonna sit around all night. According to the clock on the wall, it's 11:34. I've been in this place for over three hours. I'm tired of it already. I wonder where Nancy is. As soon as I sit up, Rachel walks into the room. Except she's bigger. Her tummy sticks out a little and she fits perfectly into her skinny jeans.

"Rachel?" I ask.

"No" she puts her hands on her hips and walks to the bed.

"Umm... What's your name?" I ask. "are you my roommate?" she looks exactly like Rachel, like they could be...

"No, my sister-" I cut her off

"Is your sister Rachel?"

"Yes" she lays down and pulls out a phone.

"Twins?" I guess out loud.

"Yes, identical, except her last obsession"

"Witch is what?" I stand up and tug my hoody down.

"Not eating" after she says it, Rachel walks in.

"Gabriella?" she smiles real big and runs to me and hugs me. "you're my roommate?"

"Yea" she walks over to her bed and her sister stands up. She flops down on the bed and yawns. "I'm not tired at all" I say.

"I'm so tired" she turns over on her stomach and puts a pillow over her head. "Ana, are you staying tonight?"

"Yes" her sister says. She sits down in a chair in a corner of the room. After a while, Rachel drifts off to sleep and Ana falls asleep in the chair, but she doesn't look comfortable. The reason I don't go to sleep, is because I'm still in hopes Nancy will show up with my clothes. I have a feeling that I'm going to stare at walls and Rachel is going to have billions of friends.

I must have fell asleep because I wake up to Nancy snapping her fingers in my face. "Are you going to wake up or not? because I've to tell you some...news"

"News?" I rub the sleep from my eyes and sit up.

"I brought all your clothes, because I'm not sure how long you will be staying here" she says.

"W-what's the news?"

"I shouldn't have got involved" She says so quiet I can barley hear it.

"With what?" I ask and she sits on the edge of my bed.

"Your mom" she wipes a tear away.

"Why not?"

"I can't live my life because I have to take care of you. I can't go to collage, I can't fall in love, I can't get married, I can't have-" I cut her off.

"So you're saying I'm just a little girl you got stuck taking care of?" I lay back on my pillow. After a few minutes I think she won't answer, and then she does.

"Yes" she whispers.

"So you're leaving? is that what you're saying? because I will have nowhere, I mean nowhere to go. And what about peter? I thought he might have a chance of turning his life around, but if you leave, he's gone, he's gone" I start crying.

"I'm sorry" she whispers and walks out of the door crying. I slide under the blankets and cry. I cry for what seems like an hour, until a girl with a blue uniform brings me food. At first I think about throwing it away, but then think about my mom. I'm on my own now, I have no one and I live in a hospital. I've got to get better. I stand up and slowly bring the sandwich to my mouth. Taking a deep breath, I sink my teeth into the soft white bread. I swallow and set the sandwich down on the plate.

Ana walks in typing on her phone. She glances up at the plate and continues toward Rachel's bed. Ana is really getting on my nerves. She's rude, and she's always on her phone.

"So, you're eating now?" she asks.

"Maybe" I don't want to sound rude, but I also didn't want to be nice to her.

"Same clothes?" she half smiles, still looking at her phone. I roll my eyes and walk to the suit Nancy packed. Inside, I find exactly what Nancy said, all my clothes. I sigh and pull out a t-shirt that's plain black and a pair of jeans that fit me. I look thro the little pockets, finding my tooth brush, deodorant, and perfume. I walk into the bath room and lock the door.

After I'm done changing, I thro my clothes in a clothes basket and put my hoody back on. When I walk out, Rachel is is sitting on her bed, with no sign of Ana.

"Are we gonna be like hospital buddies or something?" I ask sitting on my bed.

"I guess. So that means we have to like, share secretes and stuff?"

"I guess" we both burst into laughter.

"How many different people have you met here?" she asks.

"Two, you and your sister"

"Oh, well, let me introduce you to some people" she smiles.