dieciocho

Brooklyn jolted awake, eyes flying open in panic as he heard crashing from outside of his prison. His cheeks were red raw, eyes puffy after the pain the demon put him through the previous night. He had decided to bring friends over to have a little "fun" that ended with Brooklyn sore and aching more than normal.

The door slammed open and the smell of cigarette smoke and alcohol invaded his senses. He flinched, daring not to look up into the eyes of his abuser and ex-partner, knowing full well that he was drunk once again.

"Get up. We're leavin" Owen slurred, grabbing a fistful of Brooklyn's hair. The blonde whimpered into his makeshift gag.

Owen dragged him out the door. The sun shone brightly down on Brooklyn, making his eyes burn from the intensity of the light. He hadn't seen the sun properly for over a month. His two friends stood by a white van, doors open.

Owen shoved him roughly into the van, the two friends slamming the door shut.

Brooklyn edged himself into the corner, burying his face into his knees as a fresh wave of tears flowed down his face. He couldn't believe how stupid he used to be. How he thought he was actually in love with that monster. How he pushed everyone away because Owen made him believe that they all hated him.

His thoughts wandered to the other boys. Did they even care he was missing? Or were they glad to have have finally gotten rid of him? Maybe, he thought, maybe Rye wasn't joking when he said that he regretted letting Brooklyn join the band. Or Mikey, when he advertised how irritating Brooklyn was. Andy, when he told him to stop being an annoying asshole.

Maybe they had all forgotten about him, moved on with their lives. Maybe they never cared in the first place.

These thoughts continued plagued his mind, only breaking when he felt the vibrations and heard the low rumble as the van started up. He didnt know where Owen was taking it, but he knew it would be bad.

-X-

He didn't know how long they were travelling for. He didn't know where they were going. All he knew was he was cold and tired and just wanted to be out of this hell already.

He didn't know what was worst. The fear of the unknown, not knowing what was to come, or knowing exactly what was going to happen to him. Both were equally terrifying.

He felt the van stall, and pull to a stop. The sound of a police siren pulling up behind them. His heart was racing, had they found him? Muffled voices came from outside the van. Brooklyn kicked on the edge of the van. He kicked and he kicked aand he screamed into his gag, praying that they could hear him. Voices of Owen and his friends raised, as did the police officers. 

The door clicked and opened, a curious face of a police offcier peering into the back. He heard Owen and his friends complaining that it was an invasion of privacy and they had no right. But he didnt care. He was finally free. Brooklyn sobbed in relief as the poilceman saw him, rushing to help him.

"What's your name?" He asked gently, pulling the gag off Brooklyns mouth.

"B-Brooklyn. Brooklyn W-Wyatt" He gasped out, his voice hoarse and throat on fire.

"Ok Brooklyn. My names James. We're going to get you out"

-X-

eyyy she's back from the dead :)
but yay brooklyns now safe you can all stop threatening me now

i'm not even gonna say why this took so long. i don't have an excuse.

shoutouts to: @memarylouisie @craftysupergirl @sophrelx and @roadtriptvlife

for getting the quote. it was killian jones from once upon a time

"who says my dreams have to stay just my dreams"

-Lauren xx

@adorkablefovvs on insta & twitter (followmeplz)