PROLOGUE.

The sound echoed of brooms sweeping away the remnants of the great event that just took place, the wedding of the Son of Heaven, the New Emperor of Xu Country. It's well past the midnight hour yet the lanterns are still brightly lit as festivities continue in the streets.

  In a dingy and eerily silent courtyard at the back of the palace, where no sign of festivity is shown and the night is still and quiet.

  "Husband!" A pitiful voice cries out, piercing into the silent night. Looking around the dark dungeon that she had called home for a month, Li Xingyun sensed her end was near and she felt the need to empty her heart and voice her grievances.

  "Bai Yā Tòng you bastard and your stupid slut, face me if you have any conscience!" Hearing footsteps, she screamed, her voice becoming more hoarse as she wailed out pitifully.

  "How impudent! Mei-mei, why do you behave unruly? Is that how your mothers taught you to address the Empress?" A soft voice questioned as a woman steps out into the light her features become clearer.

  "Uncle won't be pleased to hear such vulgar language on a dignified young miss, you just have to accept my discipline in his long absence." A beautiful woman dressed in red wedding clothes and glittering jewellery mocked at her. She would have been considered to be quite beautiful if her face was not twisted up in a malicious grin as an evil glint flashed in her eyes. She placed a tray, on it lay a jug of wine and a cup, on the ground.

  "Li Shanliang you shameful slut! What have you done to my child? My precious son! I was not greedy when Father was accused of treason and killed, I was not greedy when Mother and Concubine mother were said to be killed by bandits, I was not greedy when Meinu was sold to a brothel and my brothers had to flee. You both have been greedy and have taken everything even the throne but where is my child?" Xingyun raged bitterly at her cousin lunging at her, but gets restricted by the chains linking her neck to the wall and she chokes slumping to the ground.

  "Don't be stupid, Li Xingyun, as the new Emperor, you cannot expect Zhen to raise a bastard child with no known origin as my heir, especially when Zhens' phoenix bears the royal heir. That child is dead, long gone and you shall meet up with it tonight and probably it's bastard of a father." A crisp calm voice replied.

  Bai Yā Tòng walked in with calm strides, also dressed in luxurious red robes, dragging behind him a sword, the sword so beautiful with fine workmanship yet was stained with blood patterns of multiple gradients, which showed it had never been cleaned, stopped before Li Xingyun tossing her a lump of clothes.

  "My child was innocent in this. You know as well as I do that he was your son too, he was our son you despicable man!" Xingyun whimpered cradling the lump of clothes together, clutching her dead baby in her arms, tears streaming down her face. It is very observable that she is a beauty even with all the bruises, scratches, blood and dirt on her face.

  As if possessed, she began to rock her dead child her sanity beginning to lose its hold. "Little one, mother loves you very much, rest well, I'll come and see you soon."

  Li Shanliang looked at her cousin in disgust yet joy and satisfaction flashed in her eyes at the state in which her cousin was.

  "Mei-mei, don't you know? Today is Yā Tòng gege and my wedding day, won't you toast us? Won't you toast your new Emperor and his Empress? I mean you helped bring us together and establish this new leadership, why don't you give us more blessings before you die."

  Xingyun looked up, her dazed eyes clearing up and straightened her clothes, she pulled back, to the best of her efforts, her hair which fell over her face.

  In the manner of a dignified young lady, she poured herself a cup of wine.

  Looking at the couple in front of her she began her toast.

  "I toast you now dear cousin and your highness the Emperor. You have ruined my life and the lives of those I called family, yet I acknowledge the blame as I was blind to the wickedness that lurked within you.

  Li Shanliang, you had no mercy and resulted in the death of your uncle, my Father and you were responsible for ruining my best friend Meinu. In your greed, you coveted he who was meant to be mine, my husband who is now yours.

  Bai Yā Tòng, you have no fear for the heavens as you commited treason and killed the Son of heaven as well as his Phoenix, not only that, you killed my cousins, the rightful heirs to the throne before taking over; using and discarding pawns of various strengths, and now it is time to discard your biggest pawn, me.

  I loved you since I was 15 years old and I let my love blind me to reason and I let it drive me to commit sins against myself and the world. For you I lied; For you I stole; For you I killed and for you I betrayed my family. All for you a cruel bastard who sought power above everything else.

  I wish your marriage be full of desecration, I wish the country be overrun by barbarians under your rule or at least you get overthrown. I wish your children be killed and raped and I curse you to a thousand years of damnation, I Xingyun of the House of Li solemnly toasts you both."

  With these words she swiftly drinks the wine as the sword pierces through her. Her body slumps down, a smile etched on her face giving a scene of satisfaction, her eyes closed peacefully.

  "Hmph! How dare she open her filthy mouth to curse us". Bai Yā Tòng holds Li Shanliang in his arms before kissing her passionately.

🥀

  "Well, well, I have to hand it to Xingyun, beautiful toast and her calmness was beautiful. The despicable duo won't even know what's coming for them." I chuckle grimly lightly tapping my fingers in the table before me.

  My name is Jang Mi and I am a transmigrator. I'm tasked with avenging souls that were treated wrongly which resulted in their untimely demise.

  How I got here however is a story for another time, but for now it's time Li Xingyun gets her revenge.

---
Hey guys, Outsider here.
I know It's been so long but now we are back and better.
Thank you for reading
Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share.