CHAPTER THREE.

"Mei-mei! This inferior cousin apologizes for causing trouble" The voice which I recognize as Li Shanliang's, increases in volume.

  I subtly glance at the reactions of the people surrounding me.

  Xingfu scowls slightly his dark eyes sharpening, Xiyue clenches his fist and his jaw while Meinu rolls her eyes and scoffs. Well looks like it should be easy taking Shanliang down since I can get their support.

  I make an attempt to stand up, wanting to go outside, but I stumble before Xingfu catches me.

  "Yunyun, don't stress your self. You need to rest in order to get better."

  "No, I have to see cousin sister, she seems truly sorry. Besides we should get going now, I don't want to stay too long now that I'm awake." I steady my self and walk to the door. The other occupants of the room exchange looks before following me.

  When the door opens the sight of a pretty yet vulgar courtyard greets me. By vulgar I meant, the decorations seemed irresponsible and oddly placed as if the person who designed it was trying to show they have wealth.

  They could have at least gotten a Feng Shui master or someone with eyes to organise the area. There are fake mountains mixed with clusters of flowers and grasses here and there. Such an unrefined courtyard to put your fiancée in.

  However there is quite a crowd in the courtyard, I presume them to be the young masters and mistresses that were invited for the poetry contest. But the main show seems to be kneeling at the center of the courtyard.

  Some sincerity seeing that she chose to kneel on a patch of carpet grass instead of on the stone pathway.

  Her thin willowy figure sways slightly which causes care to arise for such a pretty girl from all the young men present. She's quite a beauty with fair brows and fox eyes which are now releasing tears in tiny droplets.

  Her face is the epitome of apology and sadness but her eyes do not reflect those emotions. Even with the tears streaming down her face, her eyes show traces of defiance and happiness. A total white lotus bitch!

  "Mei-mei, this humble one apologizes. I truly did not mean to cause you any harm. I am truly sorry." More tears roll out which causes the young men to feel pain on her behalf, in fact some look towards me with bitterness, probably because they feel like I am bullying a beauty. How ridiculous.

  "Xingyun'er why aren't you allowing your cousin to stand, she has already apologized and she's truly sorry." A calm voice speaks out.

  I turn to the owner of the voice and scowl. Bai Yā Tòng, this bastard finally shows his face yet it is to plead on behalf of the person who pushed me into the water, disgusting.

  Voices of assent murmur through the crowd from the men. The young mistresses on the other hand seem to be greatly displeased at the bewitchment Shanliang seems to have placed on the men, but they say nothing just watching the show behind their fans as their whisper to one another.

  "Wangye, this lowly one does not understand your statement, as I have not been given the opportunity to speak, yet I seem to be accused. Wangye has truly opened my blind eyes." I have to end this engagement as quickly as possible.

  The crowd take in my words, with some turning their heads with some suspiciously glancing at Yā Tòng when the realisation at the meaning of my words dawn in and the whispering gets louder and eyebrows are raised and facial expressions change.

  "Mei-mei, how could you possibly say that, Wangye is not being accusing you of anything." Shanliang speaks up taking back all the attention.

  Foolish girl, speaking up for him in such a manner will only confirm the suspicions of others.

  "Jie-jie, please get up, there's no need to make a scene seeing that we are cousins after all besides this is the Jun Wang Fu, we Li family members cannot afford to cause commotion here." I say as softly as possible, then I sway lightly before steadying myself placing a palm on my bandaged head. Two can play at this lotus game.

  My act seems to remind everyone else that I indeed had an accident and might have died and also advertises my bandages.

"Thanking mei-mei." Shanliang gets up quite quickly. Wow, this girl is so dumb, where is the scheming lady that destroyed Li Xingyun in the past life?

  "I apologize to everyone, we all gathered to enjoy the flowers and exchange some poetry in a light atmosphere, but my accident caused you all to worry. Thank you for your concern, I will take my leave now" I bow sincerely at everyone before turning to my siblings who have been silent behind me.

  Meinu nods at me before taking my arm as the four of us leave the courtyard. The crowd divides to let us pass through.

  By the time we almost reach the carriage someone calls out from behind.

  "Xingyun'er wait up!" Ugh, it's the fake fiancé.

  Xingfu steps forward but I pull at his sleeve and shake my head slightly. "Can you give us a moment?"

  He glaces worriedly at me but concedes and gets into the carriage together with Xiyue and Meinu.

  "Xingyun'er how are you feeling?" He reached out with his hand to pat my head.

  You don't get to touch me. Who knows where and what those hands have been doing, yuck.

  I dodge him moving some steps back. "Jun Wangye, men and women should keep their proper distance."

  To be honest, this world doesn't have rules that guides the interaction of sexes, it is a pretty free world so there is no separation of sexes at banquets or any of the usual stuff.

  "Xingyun'er why are you acting so cold to me. It is Yātóng-gege your fiancé. He smiles calmly.

  "Jun Wangye, please I do not feel very well so please excuse me. I have to take my leave." With that I climb into the carriage without waiting for his response.

  Sitting beside Meinu, I sigh before resting my head in her shoulder.

  "Xixi, right now what are your intentions?" Xiyue asked sitting opposite me, beside Xingfu.

  "I don't want to get married." I abruptly say raising my head.

  "Xing'er!"
  "Xixi are you sure about that?"
  "Very good, he needs to go"

  We all turn to look at Xingfu who shrugs slightly. "He's not a very good choice if you ask me, there is something off about him he always acts like he's pretending or something. And irrespective I'll always support Yunyun's decisions.

  Huh, looks like the big one is pretty observant and he's super sweet too.

  "I'll inform Father of my decision, I have no regrets and I just want to spend more time with my family." I smile. I guess that's all Xingyun really ever wanted.

  "Okay, I'll support you too, at least now you don't have an excuse to give for not coming to Radiance Courtyard with me, lazy girl." Meinu pokes my arm and smiles at me.

  I glance at her rubbing my arm. That really hurt though, her hands are so painful. The three of us glance at Xiyue. Come on, you're the last man standing.

  "I support your decision too, I don't like him either way because you never spend time with me because of 'Yātóng-gege'." He mimics my voice before laughing out loud.

  The carriage stops and the door gets opened by a guard. I step down from the carriage aided by a servant girl who I recognise as Xingyuns' personal servant Yue. The poor girl also had an unhappy ending as she was killed while trying to protect Xingyuns' son.

  Standing in front of the open manor gates I look up at the huge sign that reads 'LEFT PRIME MINISTER RESIDENCE'. Home sweet home I guess.