Day 3: Are We A Perfect Match?

HiHi! This is _christina_lhy_ here. This is Day 3 for <Diary of Corelle>! Hope you all like this story!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I said, Gerlynn and I started hanging out the with Cooper brothers. I was really convinced that Darnell is good in IT as he really repaired my cracked screen.

"Thank you!!" I screeched into his ears.

"Oh damn. Okay Okay, stop screeching. Adriel, ask your girlfriend to stop screeching please!" Darnell shouted.

"Ugh, I'm not Adriel's girlfriend!" I scowled.

"Why aren't you my girlfriend then?" Adriel chuckled.

"Ugh! I-I don't know! Gerlynn, ask your boyfriend to be quiet!" I am totally defeated so I stormed away to to the canteen to grab a drink. Suddenly, a figure appeared beside me. I look up into the brown eyes that is just so amazing.

"You have yet answer my question and don't ever think of running away 'cause it'll never happen."

"What question and why not?" I asked, trying to act dumb.

"Do not pretend to be dumb and 'cause no one ever gets away without giving me a perfect reason."

"What is a perfect reason to you then?"

"Hmm.. Just a reason that I find it reasonable and good enough?"

"That is not a perfect reason! That is just a simple reason to a question! There's never perfect reason in this world! UGH!" I stormed off, clearly remembering what my mom told me before she goes to heaven.

*Flashback*

"Corelle, never ever believe any one other than your sister. There's never prefect reason in this whole world. Your dad never gives me any perfect reason for leaving us alone. So, do not ever say that this world will ever have perfect reason. Believe in yourself and your sister only."

*Flashback ended*

From then, I always kept mom's word in my head. I will only believe in Caroline. Caroline is just 2 years younger than me and we do everything together. We studied and revised homeworks together and our relationship gets closer. Until today, we will always believe strongly in each other. Dad did came home and took care of us but he married another woman who will be our step-mother. We do not like her so we end up locking ourselves in the room almost every time except for meal time or we goes out to find Gerlynn.

"Are you okay, Corelle? You looked pale, are you ill?" Gerlynn questioned me in concern. To me, Gerlynn is like an elder sister to me too. She helps me to take care of Caroline when I'm ill and listen to our troubles. When we did not want to stay at home, we'll normally head to her house which is quite close to ours.

"Nope, I'm fine. Just thought of mom suddenly after hearing what Adriel Cooper said." I mumbled.

"Oh, I'm so sorry it reminds you of Aunty Smith. Anyway, what did Adriel said that it reminds you so much of your mom?"

"E-Erm, nothing. I don't wish to talk about it now, let me rest for a while, okay? Sorry." I am totally dissuade.

"Alright then, I'll accompany you here." She gave me a warm smile and I bit back a small smile.

I was thinking about the question Adriel asked just now.

*Flashback*

"Why aren't you my girlfriend then?"

*Flashback ended*

Why did he asked me that? Does he like me? Are we a perfect match then? If he likes me, should I agree? Do I like him then? All the questions bobbed in my head and make me really depressed.

"Ughhhhhhhhhhh!" I let out a big groan and felt really defeated.

On the way back home, I saw an ice cream shop so I went in to grab a few ice creams for Caroline and me. I remembered all her favourite flavours but I do not know she prefer which one so I just grabbed all and dumped them into the basket. I went back home shouting for Caroline.

"Caroline! I got some ice creams for you, little baby!"

"Really? I love you, Sister!" She came running down the stairs.

"Hey there, slow down little one. I'm sorry for coming home late, you must be really bored alone at home." I smiled at her.

"I'm fine, sister! Are you feeling sad? You only got me food when you're super sad or happy.." She said and I suddenly realised I didn't fufill my task as a sister.

"I'm sorry, little baby. Sister is really very troubled so I didn't look after you that much. So sorry. Really."

"Sister, you can share your problems with me. I am the professor of problems!" She said and I laughed.

"Okay, Professor of problems. I have love problems now. There's a guy called Adriel Cooper and.." I went on to tell her.

"Oo, so Corelle has got love problems and do not know how to manage with it. Now, listen to the professor of problems. Just go and ask him whether he like you and ask yourself whether you like him. Isn't that settled?" She said innocently and I laughed. Total cuteness.

"You're totally too innocent and cute, little one. Love problems are not so easy to be solved. Understand, Professor of problems?" I giggled and take her to the study room to revise our work.

Is what Caroline said true? Is love problems that easy? Does Adriel Cooper really like me? Or am I just thinking too much? This is getting more confusing, I shouldn't think about it first. Maybe I could get some sleep while Caroline enjoy her ice cream? I was so tired and not feeling too well so I went on to sleep. When I woke up, I was lying on the bed, a wet cloth on my forehead. Wait, this is not my house. Where am I? The hospital?

I looked around to find Caroline sleeping near my side. I stroke her hair gently and looked at her. She sleeps just so peacefully but I guess I have woken her up accidentally because she woke up and stared at me confusedly.

"Sister! You have woken up!" She exclaimed.

"Why am I in the hospital?" I asked and she frowned.

"You had a fever and dad sent you to the hospital and left in the morning for work." She scowled.

"Oh, at least he cared to sent me here and left before I woke up?" We are totally disappointed with dad since the day he married our step-mother.

"Forget about that issue, sis. Has your fever decrease?"

"I guess so?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Carol, can I be discharged from the hospital already? I want to go home. I don't wish to trouble dad to fetch me from hospital to home."

"I think so? I'll check with the nurse, sis?"

"Alright." I said as I watched the little girl walked out of the hospital room.

***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey lovelies!

This is day 3 of <Diary of Corelle>! Hope you all like the story! Vote share and comment. This is my last time updating until 9th October because My EOY exams are starting tomorrow! Hope you all don't mind and continue reading as I update more chapters! Thank you for all your support and I cherished them all. It really meant a lot to me! Thank you guys! Look out for Day 4! Do remember to vote comment and share! I'll update <Crazy Love> after my exams too! Do not give up and good luck for all your exams too! 👊💪 fighting and stay strong! 😘❤️