Dreams

The flash of the light finally shutting off. The sound of the door closing. The feeling of being pulled into the deep abyss of a dream.

Dreams are nothing new to me. I mean so far every day of my life I've had a dream, it's just some people say that they don't dream and man don't I wish that would happen to me but no. Whenever it's time to go to bed I always just fall into that abyss.

"Come down here and eat Melanie." said my mom "We've got to leave for school soon."

"Ok, I'll be right down one moment," I replied as I was trying to tug my socks on my feet.

I ran downstairs and realized that my mom had practically prepared a feast for breakfast. she had homemade quiche(for those of you that don't know what quiche is, just picture a really good egg pie), orange juice, hard boiled eggs, and even cereal for some reason.

"Umm..." I say "Did you really need to make this much food for breakfast?

"Yes, I did Melanie. It's your last day of 9th grade, after all, you need to eat as much as possible so you can have a lot of energy to go out and play with your friends," she replies as if she were satisfied.

"Can I have some of your quiches, please? It looks really good." said a smiling idiot we call my brother.

"Brandy! What the heck! That was mine!" I say as I tug my piece of quiche out of his hands.

"Hey!" he yells "Mom she took my quiche!"

"It was mine first," I yelled back

"It's ok. Brandy give back your sisters' quiche, you can have a different piece." Our mom says in an irritated voice.

We struck daggers at each other before Brandy turned to mom to get a new piece of quiche.

******

After school and I was looking for the bus, I noticed a cat in the middle of the street. I looked both ways and ran picked it up and tried to run back when a car comes rushing my way, out of control trying to stop, then hits me. I hear several bones crack then pass out.

"OH MY GOD!!! Someone help!" yelled a kid who was watching the scene unfold.

I was rushed to a hospital after someone called an ambulance. The kid who noticed along with the driver who hit me was questioned by the police.

When my mom got to the hospital with my brother and asked if I were ok she collapsed on the ground and started sobbing. She found out that I was in a coma. For an adult, the fact that you love your kids is horrible if you have to go through the tragedy that is a coma. Just think about it this way. If you were an adult and your child just got kidnaped but your child's life is 99% guaranteed, but you would never see them again, you would still feel like someone has just taken the life out of you. That was what my mom was feeling now.

"Mom?" it was brandy "what's going to happen to her?"

"I don't know." Mom cried.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter I will try to work on that. thanks for reading my book!