Chapter Five

Chapter Five

    Knockout rushed through the halls, finding many young Insecticons and Vehicon troopers. He took time to laugh awkwardly at all of them before finding Megatron bullying Breakdown.

    "Stop! Stop!" Breakdown cried, batting his servos around.

Megatron gripped him by his wriggling wrist, picking him up. He sheathed out his pretend, cardboard blade, and swatted it at his abdominal plating.

    Breakdown wailed his pedes, batting them around as well. He tried to fight him away, ending up writhing against his tight clutch.

Knockout watched with disappointment. "Megatron, Megatron," he sighed. "Put Breakdown . . . down."

    Megatron plastered an innocent look as he set the shuddering mech down. "Sowwy . . ."

Breakdown wobbled on his pedes and rushed over to Knockout, hugging his leg. "Megatwon . . . is scary . . ."

    Knockout nodded slightly and edge down. He knelt on one knee, sweeping the young sparkling into his arms. Breakdown was in one arm, Starscream in the other. They both played, swatting and clapping each other's servos.

Starscream's wings fluttered up and down, showing how content he was in playing with Breakdown.

Breakdown babbled sparkling talk a little, and Knockout's spark melted throughout its chamber. It was so adorable how sparklings interacted!

    " . . . Euh," Megatron puffed out. He seemed quieter and quieter . . .

Knockout sighed adoringly, walking passed the teary Megatron. As if he would forget him, right? Well . . . he did.

Megatron's lips quivered as he tried to hold back tears and a cry of despair. But of course a sparkling couldn't handle keeping in their sadness. And so, he blurted all of it out as he began to cry and burst into tears.

Knockout stopped. A stab of guilt singed into his chest as he sighed. He turned around and headed back, finding Megatron gone. "Uh . . . Meg-Megatron?"

No reply, but a loud cry of dismay rippled out the control room. Scrap. Yeah, you'd better scold yourself, Knockout.

His pedes clapped against the flooring as he headed to the doorway of the control room. In there, Knockout found Megatron laying on a sparkling-sized berth, nibbling on a blanket with teary optics.

    "Oh Megatron . . ." Knockout mumbled, tentatively walking to the sad youngling. He knelt down and set the two sleeping sparklings — Breakdown and Starscream — next to Megatron. He curved his arm and servos in the right position as he gently picked the nibbling one up.

The small gladiator nibbled on the medic's servo now before he propped his helm on Knockout's chest.

    "You're so adorable when you were little . . . I wish you were always little," Knockout said, leaning his neck cables down to nuzzle the small bucket helm.

    "KNOCKOUT!" Venom called as her pedes clapped against the flooring in a panicky way. "MY DAD'S MISSING!"

Knockout nearly leaped to the ceiling. "Don't startle me like that! Oh, Predaking's gone? Oh, thank Unicron — OW!"

Venom had smacked her servo against his polished head. "I CARE ABOUT MY FATHER! NOW YOU GO AND HELP ME BEFORE I TARE YOUR WHEELS OFF!"

Oh please not the wheels, Knockout begged through his mind. "Okay, okay," Knockout said bluntly. "I'll help . . ."

Venom squealed happily and snaked her arms around the medic's neck, purring excitedly. "I know you would eventually get to your senses!"

That's what they all say, Knockout thought crankily, but enjoyed the kitten affection coming from the new Decepticon.

    "Come on, come on!" Venom begged as she grasped his perfect arm and tugged it. "Let's go!"

    "Whoa, whoa, hold on! Can't you see I have a — uh — a sparkling here?!" Knockout bellowed, clutching the little Megsy close.

Venom stopped her hurriedly tantrum act and sighed. "Sorry."

Knockout carefully swept Megatron down and watched him cling onto his leg. He sighed.

    "Megatron," Knockout said, "Knocky needs to go help Venom. You stay here. I promise you I won't be long. And I don't want complaints about you bullying the two precious others! Alright?"

Megatron cried softly, not wanting his 'daddy' to leave. He tightened his grasp around the red plated leg joint and sniffled. "Don't go . . ."

    "I won't be long . . . sweetspark . . ." Knockout hesitated once saying "sweetspark" and just pet the youngling's helm. "Go on . . ." He padded his servo toward his back, nudging him off.

Megatron sniffled again and waddled away. He peered over his shoulder and sniffed dramatically, then disappeared back into the room.

    "Okay! Let's go!" Venom piped in nervously.

Knockout grumbled grouchily and whacked his arm out of her caging grip. He stomped passed her and transformed with his wheels darting him forward.

Venom had sighed and instead just walked her way, her pedes leading her to where she'd known her father had crawled off to . . .

***

    "YOU MINDLESSLY THINK THAT HE IS IN THAT WRETCHED AUTOBOT HOLE?!" Knockout roared, outraged unexpectedly.

Venom hissed. "Shut up! Your mouth will make a beacon for us, and the Autobots with throw us in their cells!"

    "Blah, blah, blah," Knockout sassed, making a talky gesture out of his servos. "I don't need to have a scolding female on my schedule."

Venom hissed fiercely. "You stupid little, oh forget it! It's not my fault your partner's a little sparkling! And it's not my fault that my dad has disappeared!"

    "What does that have to do anything with —"

    "Never mind!" Venom interrupted and grasped his arm, tugging him along. She bumped her shoulder against the camouflaged door and punched the rock out of it. "Hello! Let us — mmph!"

Knockout had clamped his palm against her busty mouth. "That's not how we do it!" he said as he lifted his servo off her mouth.

    "Then how do you do it, 'professional'?" Venom joked, leaning against a boulder.

    "Well . . . we could always just —" Zap!

Knockout fell to the ground, disoriented and dazed by an shock gun. His frame spurt out nasty batches of smoke and gas.

Venom yelped shockingly and eyes the security-camera-looking gun. Zap! went another shot as she leaped into the air, avoiding the aim. She planted a kick to the gun, sending it snapping off a metal stick where it hung to control itself. She vented heavily, and soon, blasters were pointed and surrounded the two. One who was knocked out (no pun intended . . . like seriously), and the panicky female.