Prologue

~Y/N P.O.V~
(18 years old here)

"Well thats the last of the boxes" dad says as he brushes his hands along the sides of his pants. Mom pulls me in for a bone crushing hug.
"Make sure to call us y/n if you need anything." I could feel her sniffle lightly into my shoulder. I give her a light squeeze and as she pulls away she puts on a sad smile. (I mean what parent wouldn't be sad with their only daughter moving across the country? It's normal y/n.) As I pull back I see both my parent's clearly. My father's evident salt and pepper beard, and my mother's wisps of grey hair intertwined with her once all brown locks.

"I will I promise." I breathe out, nervous and excited to finally grasp the reality of living alone in a new city. I'd picked out a loft style apartment, not too mainstream of downtown LA. Mom and dad helped with the location, not too far from the university and the grocery store. I look at my mother's worried face.

"Mom I promise I'll be ok. I'll call you if I need anything like you said alright?" She takes a deep breath and nods her head and smiles at me. Dad wraps an arm around her waist and holds her close. I feel the tears start to rise as I realize I'm going to have to say goodbye. I pull them both in for a hug before we head to the airport. Dad holds us both and plants a kiss on top of my head, then my mother's. We all laugh as we pull away and wipe our tear stained faces to distract from the inevitable truth.

~Time Skip~

As I drive home I crank the stereo and give myself time to think. (It's going to be weird without them down the hall anymore..) (what if my job doesn't cover rent? What if I get evicted?) (Im hungry..) I get off on my exit and stop at *favorite fast food place* and get my favorite meal. I hesitate to eat until I get home. As I pull into my parking spot in the garage I grab my keys, purse, and food and head inside the building.

I open my apartment door leaking the hallways lights into the dark room. I turn around, lock the door and press my back to it and sink to the floor. I examine the many boxes filling the apartment too lazy to start unpacking, I grab my food next to me and stand up. I head to the kitchen and put it in the fridge. Slowly walking to the air matress I flop down and curl up with a blanket and drift to a deep sleep.