Chapter One

The old oak tree was starting to rot. It's carefully intwined branches slowly falling apart, each reddish-brown leaf trotting its way down to to the damp grassy floor. Multiply shades of green were present in my surroundings, butterflies yellow, pink and white floating across the atmosphere like a daydream.

The sky was clear today, no clouds. The grass was still wet from the shower from the night before. Perfect little droplets on each blade of grass. Spider webs glistened in the bushes as bumble bees buzzed across the cornflowers and foxgloves collecting nectar for their hives.

The collection of trees, bushes and flowers were surrounded by fields upon fields of sunflower beds. Ranging from small to large, red petals to yellow. Stunningly beautiful, rich in history and meaning. Symbolising loyalty and longevity. There course, hairy stems standing to at least 5 foot tall, growing along dirt roads and broken wooden fences.

The scenery here was perfect, a perfect living space full of farm animals and cottages. Far away from the big city, populated by less than 200 people, but our little town was full of mystery and madness. Secrets get tucked away as if they were nothing, they would of never existed, just in your own mind. No one would believe you if you spill.

Birds sang and soared through the trees, singing short sweet lullabies, babies chirping to be fed. Birds of pray swooping down and attacking mice and small rabbits. The woodland was alive and thriving today, and ordinary summers day some would say.

But it wasn't. The well known womaniser Leslie Russell Thompson would be making an appearance in Murkwells town hall these evening, after being realised from prison for unknown drug charges.

Leslie had been arrested when we were 16, it was a normal day I guess, quiet, calm. He went without a fuss sending a wink my way before being placed in the police car before being driven away.

All the girls couldn't wait for Leslie to come back they slobbered after him, the boys however were petrified of him, except my older brother Nathan they grew up together when they were young before Leslie turned arrogant and foul.

Leslie was a girls dream bad boy, with tattoos and piercings. No father would approve of him, maybe that's why they wanted him so badly, to disobey their parents. Or maybe it was his lustful blue eyes and messy black hair.

Chomping down in my sunflower seeds, with a melting lemonade sparkle dripping onto my diary I began to write.

Writing was my way of escaping the reality of this cruel world, a way of calmness I guess. It's the only way I get to speak to my mind without seeming psychotic.

Dear Diary,
Monday 3rd June 1983

I would love a little bit of a change. But we all know that the worst feeling is when you realise nothing is the same anymore. After all it only takes one person to change your life. -Anna

~
First Chapter :) 500 words next chapter will be realised on the 11th of may. Short but sweet, many yet to come. Chapters will vary from the 14th of may as I'm starting my GCSE's I leave on the 14th of June 2019 x -Emily
Enjoy x
Message me any questions or comment x