Biting off more than you can chew?

What is the worst thing I've ever done?

I'm stunned by his question.

Clearly, this isn't what I had in mind when we both agreed to leave that dingy dive bar.

His body pins me harder against the wall of a side ally. "Tell me, and don't hold back, I want to know."

"Why?" I breathe between his needy kisses. I can't concentrate, not with his hands on me like this. 

"I need to know what I'm dealing with."

Why's he being so cryptic? "What?" I stutter. This is getting less romantic by the second, and more red flags like I need to run. 

"Come on Violet, I know you've been a naughty girl." Alarm bells, that name.

It's been years since anyone called me that, let alone knew it. I try to push back, but he's so much stronger than me, he just holds on tighter.

His dangerous smile lingers too close to my lips. "Violet, don't tell me you don't remember?"

Again, I struggle against his hold, taking the bait. "Remember what?"

"Us." Even in the darkness of the night, I see the gleaming flash through his eyes as they turn pure black.

He's one of them and I've played right into his hands.

While his grip wraps around both of my wrists, his left hand loosens just a little as it slides lower.

Stopping against my scar, my insides turn as he traces over it. "You still don't remember?" He asks.

"If I knew who you are, I wouldn't of left with you."

His lips curve, now smiling "But with a perfect stranger instead?"

It's becoming clear that he's anything but perfect. "Who are you?"

"Just somebody that used to know you." I'm still stuck in his trance, I don't even flinch as he lowers his lips, grazing over mine. 

"ALLY?"

His body tenses annoyed that we're being interrupted.

My name is being called, well my fake name, I hear it again, they're close, he lets me go, I still don't move, I just bite my lip.

My instincts are blinded by his deep gaze. "Soon, Violet, I promise."

He moves so fast, almost becoming the darkness it's self, disappearing before my eyes into the night.