Welcome to Riverdale!

(Betty's pov)
I woke up to my alarm screaming for me to get up. I didn't want to get up! I hated school! I know, I know, I'm the Straight A Student. It just doesn't matter anymore, I don't understand why people expect so much from me! Maybe, it's because Polly, my sister, tried to run away from home with Jason Blossom. People decide straight away that I'll be better than her. More like "hoping" I'm better than Polly. She may not have been a good role model, but I loved her all the same.
  I looked back at my clock to check how long I had left till school. I had laid in bed for 20 minutes! Oh god, I'm gonna be late for school. I have to hurry because I have to give the new girl a tour of the school. I don't even know her name! Well, that's gonna be awkward!
  I have had a quick shower, got dressed and had breakfast, I was about to leave when my mother asked, "Why do you look so miserable, you normally always love the first day of school?"
"Well, mum. Things change, deal with it!"I retorted.
  I don't know why I suddenly shouted at my mum, but I will have to deal with that after school.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
  I was finally at school, even though I would be late to take the new girl on a tour, I had to put my bag away. She'll just have to wait. As I was putting my bag away, a hand tapped me on my shoulder and asked, "Are you Betty Cooper?"
  I turned around, wondering who it was. I saw a girl with raven black hair and a beautiful smile.
  "Y... yeah, that's m.. me!" I stammered, shell-shocked over her beauty.
  "Well, not to be that person, but your late for our tour, " she laughed.
  "Oh, yeah. Sorry about that!" I apologized, searching the girls face trying to find an imperfection, there were none. She was perfect in every way.
  "So, wanna start?" the girl asked, sweetly.
  "Yeah, of course, where do you want to start?"
  Her face was full of concentration, but staring straight into my eyes. I looked back, into her deep, loving brown eyes.
  "How about this corridor!" she joked.
  "If you want, I mean, is that really what took you all that time to think about?" I laughed.
  She frowned, but then laughed as well.
  "You know, I think we're are gonna be best friends!" she decided.
  I nodded, not so sure, but wanted to agree to at least be her friend. I brought her towards the left side of the corridor.
  "Well, Riverdale High was built in 1992..." I started.
  "And hasn't been redecorated since, apparently!" she interrupted.
  "I like her!" a voice behind me declared.
  That was the voice of one of my best friends, Kevin Culler.
  "Gay, thank god, let's be best friends!" she exclaimed. Oh god, I still don't know her name!
  "So,  what's your name?" Kevin asked, luckily.
  "Veronica, Veronica Lodge, " she said, looking bummed out by the sound of her name.
  "That's a beautiful name!" I told her, blushing slightly at how desperate I sounded.
  "Thank you, Betty," she said, also blushing.
  "Can you two stop flirting, please!" Kevin cringed.
  We both laughed, but it was more of an awkward laugh than anything. I carried on with the tour, ignoring the tension between all of us. Teaching Veronica the  basic school rules and finally, it was lunch. I walked with Veronica and Kevin to my friend's and I's normal table.