3-Not the best...

A few days later, I got used to the feeling of having a gun in my hands, I was used to just running, but there was no time for running, we had to fight all the time.

Elywn treated me like his younger siblings, so when he said he was going off alone, I got worried. He never goes alone, at least without backup, but at last I let him go.

"You better not get injured!" I yelled.

"I know!" He responded. "If I'm not back by next morning, I want you guys to climb the mountain over there! Something's telling me that this land hasn't gotten water in a few years," He looked at the cloudy sky. "There's probably a flood in the making." With that, he started off towards the direction of a city, it was going on lockdown, so he wanted to see if there were any survivors left.

I wiped my eyes with my blue sweater, it looked purple because it was doused in blood.

***

The next morning, he still wasn't back, it rained a little bit. I was curled up in a small ball, crying like crazy. I looked away when Jace offered me some food. I wasn't hungry...Not when Elywn could be in danger.

"He doesn't want to eat...Neither does Skai..." He whispered to Caramel.

"Well, their eating wether they like it or not. I'm not letting Skai get sicker." She responded.

Wait...Skailor was sick? With what? Come to think of it...She's been coughing and sniffing from when I met her. I glanced over, there were bags under her eyes. She's sleep deprived...Poor thing...

"Alright, I'll eat." I said.

"You heard us?" Caramel questioned. I nodded. I ate the food while Jace was trying to coax Skailor into at least drinking something. She got up and walked outside.

"We have to go to the mountain..." She said, turning her head to us.

Jace looked at her and shook his head. "I'm not leaving until you eat. So we stay here and drown in the flood, or we go and hike the mountain."

She looked at him and bolted outside.

"WAIT!" I shouted. Jace grabbed my shoulder. "Leave her alone Landon, she'll come back. She always does..."