Chapter Five

Will’s POV

“Young men! What are you doing out here in the middle of class?! I need your names, first and last, and your parent cell phone numbers!” The dean of students shrieked.

“Don’t tell her, Dan,” Gabriel said. The dean of students pulled out a pen and jotted down the name.

“Great going, Gabe,” Enzo moaned. She continued to scribble furiously on the clipboard.

“Oliver! You pompous idiot!” David scolded Enzo. The dean of students wrote it down.

Will smiled and joined in, “Jacob!” He pointed at James, “At least she doesn’t know your name.” Then pretending to realize what he said, smacked his head.

“Wren! You blew it!” Gabriel said, huffing and closing his eyes in anger. He peeked one open to see the dean of students satisfied with all the names.

“All I need is your parent cell-phone numbers.”

Enzo started, “You see-”

Will stopped him, “775-911-542. We’re adopted, our foster mom’s name is Belle.”

The dean of students recorded the info and left them with a thin smile, “I’d like to see you return to your class. If I see you out again, detention will be the next option.”

Enzo turned to Will, his head tilted, “what was that?”

“You know that we’ll get in trouble if she finds out we live alone!”

Enzo frowned, “I mean, will a person named Belle truly answer the phone if the dean were to call her.”

Will sighed.

“So is that a yes or a no?” Enzo asked.

“Of course it's not true, Enzo!” James answered, shaking his head.

“Actually yes. I wanted to try out “prank calling.” She’s quite a rude person, that Belle, threatened to find me and bring a pan down on my head. Can you believe the nerve? I like my head and bruises would totally clash with my choice of clothing,” Will explained.

Enzo stared at him as if trying to process whether it was valid.

“Will would never do that, Enzo,” David said, rolling his eyes.

“Are you implying that shreds of my reputation remain intact?" Will demanded with mock horror. "Clearly I have been doing something wrong. Or not something wrong, as the case may be."

His hands wrapped around Enzo’s shoulders. "Enzo! We must go away at once to the nearest club. I seek scandal and low companionship.”

I will be stealing golden humor from Cassandra Clare's books. Do not try to stop me.

Will smiled the way Lucifer might have smiled, moments before he fell from heaven.

“Oh! Your smile is hideous! Wipe that nasty expression of your face, William!” James scolded.

Will just widened it.

Enzo clapped his hands, “Oh, I know how to get it off!”

Gabriel nodded, “Where do you think the janitor keeps the bleach, Enzo? I’ll grab it.”

“That’s not what I was thinking, but a great idea nonetheless,” Enzo applauded respectfully. “Remember when you tried to convince me to feed a poultry pie to the mallards in the park to see if you could breed a race of cannibal ducks?"

"They ate it too," Will grimaced. "Bloodthirsty little beasts. Never trust a duck.”

“Ah! Creepy smile cured!” Enzo said triumphantly.

Gabriel grumbled, “aw, man.”

James checked his watch. “One more minute until the bell rings. We have biology next?”

“Hey! Hey!” Will hissed, “pull your jeans down a little bit. I can see your tattoo.”

James nodded and yanked it down.

_______________________________________

Back to Vanessa's POV

Vanessa stared eagerly at the clock, her fingers rubbing her jeans, growing hot from the friction. Mrs. Vanderbelt had a new Scentsy Room Spray scent every day. Today she had mixed scents, it smelled more like ginger than the original scents now. She wasn’t complaining. One time, Mrs. Vanderbelt had mixed scents so crazily that the smell of the room was so pungent, they had to move out in the hallway to teach. Mrs. Vanderbelt wouldn’t have done anything(her old nose couldn’t smell a thing) if the principal hadn’t arrived.

Vanessa couldn’t understand the point of buying these fragrances without a sense of smell. Each one probably cost eight whole dollars and with the amount Mrs. Vanderbelt bought, she could probably afford a car.

“Your homework for tonight is to write a three-page essay on the dangers of cross-breeding for the animal,” Mrs. Vanderbelt spoke as she wrote, dragging the tiny stubble of a piece of chalk across the board.

Vanessa stood up from her chair along with the other students, gathering up her stuff and jotting down her homework on a sticky note. The bell rung abruptly after, Mrs. Valderbelt shooing them out the door.

She got out the door, just in time to see the students from the next class lining by the lockers on the right. At the front of the line was them. Those five annoying dudes.

Hold on tight to that ledge to the right, I’ve kicked you off the Grand Canyon like the ruthless brute I am. Let's call this cliffhanging, shall we?

Ok fellow readers! Who do you ship so far?

James + Vanessa

William(Will) + Vanessa

Enzo + Vanessa

Gabriel + Vanessa

David + Vanessa