ch.14

Kendall POV:

Kendall POV:

I quickly slid on my jandals and grabbed my phone from the charger and grabbed my keys. I ran out of my room and shut the door, I quickly and quietly made my way to the front door. I saw both my dad and Theo still watching film. I reached for the front door knob before my dad spoke up.

"Excuse me, young lady. Where do you think you are going at...8:45 on a school night?"

"I...uhh...Ruby's." I said as I turned around and looked at both my father and Theo.

"You haven't talked to him for a week. Is everything okay?" My father asked

"Yea, I'm actually going to go talk to him about everything that has happened." I said as I played with my fingers. "I'm going to go apologize."

My dad looked at Theo and then back at me. "Okay, don't stay out to late, I want you home by 10. Not a minute late. Understand?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes sir." I said as I opened up the door and walked out locking it and making my way over to the Martinez household.

I made my way over to the front door and took a deep breath before I knocked. I stood back and waited for someone to answer the door. I could feel myself panicking a tad bit. What if he changed his mind within 10 minutes. I turned to leave and the door opened, the light from the house beaming out.

"Oh, hi Kendall." I heard that annoying voice.

I slightly cringed as I turned around a gave a fake smile, "Olivia, right?" I asked as I made my way to the door.

"Yea, are you-"

I slipped right passed her and made my way to the twins' room as I rolled my eyes. As I mumbled a "fuck off" as I opened the door and saw Ruby laying down on his phone. I closed the door lightly as the twins were already asleep. He smiled as he saw me and I gave a small smile back.

"Wanna go talk on the couch?" He asked as he sat up.

I nodded my head and he got up grabbing a blanket and wrapping it around my shoulders as he opened the door for me. I smiled and thanked him as I made my way to the couch and sat down. He sat down on the other side of the couch,

"Thank you for letting me come over." I said softly as I looked up at him.

"You're welcome." He said

"I just wanted to say, I'm sorry. The way I acted last week was not okay. I acted like a complete bitch. I left you, someone I have known for most of my life, for someone I knew for like 5 minutes. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I wanted to talk to you for a few days now but I wanted you to cool off. Also, I know its last minute but like do you still wanna go to the dance with me?"

"I forgive you." He said, just looking at me. "You did hurt my feelings, and it hurt a lot. I thought you were my ride or die and you left me for that stupid fuck? You said I was like a brother to you. That is what put the nail in the coffin. If you think of us as just like a brother and sister then maybe we should stop whatever we are doing behind the gangs back." He mumbled

"Uh yea, okay. You know what, maybe I should go." I said as could feel the tears about to come down.

"Kendall?" Ruby said as he continued to sit down.

"Don't, really it's fine. Really. I'll figure something out." I said as I made my way to the door.

"Bye, Ke-" I heard Olivia say.

"Yea, whatever." I said as I rolled my eyes.

I closed the door and slowly made my way home. I knew it was a bad idea. I should have just left it alone and gone to the dance with Bryce. I felt embarrassed, good thing I didn't say how I really felt about him. I mean I figured he knew, but like still.

I stood in front of my house and just stood there, ugh, that's it, I'm running away to Canada. I will go by a new name and start my life over again. I mean what's the worst that could happen?

"Doll?" I heard Ruby's voice say from behind me.

"Yea?" I asked as I wiped the tears that had fallen from my eyes.

"I just wann-"

"No, it's fine like I said, don't worry about me. I'll be out of your hair and you will never see me again. Just tell the gang, I love them, and if they wanna hang out they still have my number. You too, I'll miss you, but take care of yourself, Ruben." I said as I turned around and made my way up the driveway.

I felt Ruby grab my upper arm and turned around pulling me slightly towards him. He looked at me with a look in his eyes. I gave him a look and he smiled with his eyes. I gave him a confused frustrated look.

"What!"

He grabbed my face and pulled me into a kiss.

____

____