The Days of Innocence Now Gone

My family has always been at war with the law. As a kid, my father had done his fair share of shoplifting, hotwiring, and drug dealings. My mother was the same way. Eventually, once they became teenagers they joined an MC known as The Sombríos Segadores. This club was notorious for losing its members in shoot outs and failed drug deals, but my parents didn't care. My dad met my mom two years after joining the club. They got married and decided to start a family, my brother was born on July 4th of that year and I was born exactly one year two days later on July 6th. Life was good for us at least for the first 10 years of my life.

In those 10 years, we had lived a normal life for the longest time, but that all changed when my dad finally started to take missions again. When he first started taking missions again they were for small things like watching a nomad or doing a minor drug deal, but on his final mission before my brothers 12th birthday, he died. His partner James was supposed to have gone on the mission with him as his lead gunner; because he was alone the dealer pulled a gun on him and took his life.

When he died his cut was given to my older brother Carter at the end of the funeral. Two years later my mom and I started to live on our own so Carter could leave and help run the other charters of the club. It was then that we started to grow apart. One night within the first year of my father's death when I was his journal and had decided that I would ask my mother why he had given Carter the cut and not me. My mother simply shrugged and told me that my father had left Carter the cut because he had known that I never wanted to live the life he did. I didn't believe her so I kept reading. I ended up finding out that my father had never trusted me. He had trusted Carter more than he had trusted me because he knew I would never kill anybody and that Carter would kill to save his brothers in the club. The one crucial thing that my father hadn't realized, is that sometimes people will do things they wouldn't do to keep their club safe and the people they love alive. My name is Evelyn Athy and this is the story of why I had to kill my brother and betray my families club.