i just wanna be with you

after four long years, defsoul has finally made it.

jaebum's immensely proud of his friends and what they've accomplished together. they started out as a joke, five college freshmen who picked up some instruments in their intro to music class and played around. they were having fun, and jaebum had a few lyrics on his phone so why not? they weren't serious about it. brian wanted to focus on basketball, and jaehyung still hadn't figured out his major, while jinyoung thought it wouldn't land them anywhere. so they didn't commit.

then second year, jaebum met seulgi, the art major that stole his heart, and inspired him to go for it. he pitched the idea again, and defsoul was officially born. it took a whole year, for them to be confident enough in their band to perform at actual gigs, and it took off from there. a random gig in their third year of college, but second year as a band, started their road to success. they had a 5 song set: three full ones to open the showcase, and then two more to end off the night. at first, he didn't think much of it, was too lost in the fact that seulgi was finally able to come to one of his gigs, and showing her what his dream looked like. jaebum had no idea talent scouts where at the showcase until they hunted him down at his part-time job, requesting to meet with defsoul to talk about a possible record deal. at first he thought it was a scam, but ever the optimist, seulgi told him to attend the meeting.

they were all nervous, didn't even know what to wear, but they went to the meeting and were pleasantly surprised by the legitimacy. they were going to be signed to jyp records. it was a little hard to believe, it seemed like it was happening too fast, but life was about risks right? the representatives were willing to give them creative freedom for their debut album, which was a lot more than they expected. jaebum had songs he wanted to share, jinyoung and brian did too. it took six months to complete all the recording, photoshoots, preparation for stages and promotions, all while still trying to finish up college degrees. it was a lot of hard work, a lot of sleepless nights, a lot of seulgi-less nights, and then it was all worth it during their first performance on a music show stage.

now, four years as a band, only two signed under a record label, they're about to embark on a world tour. jaebum's excited, he wants to share his music with everyone who's willing to listen, and experience new sights and foods, however... there's one problem. he doesn't want to be seulgi-less anymore. one of the negotiations the boys had when they signed their contracts were that they didn't want to be seen as idols. the whole point was that they all had lives outside of the band, and they didn't want to switch it up and abide by the idol life rules just because they were signed. jaebum has seulgi, jinyoung has jisoo, jaehyung has kevin, and mark has sana. all the girls (and boy) were there before the deal, and they're still there after. they wanted to be able to date freely, especially jaebum who lives with his girlfriend and the last thing he wants is for it to be seen as a scandal. luckily, it was something their company was willing to work with, and they're thankful for it. however, even though he lives with seulgi, it feels like he barely gets to see her. if he goes on a world tour, that will take him away for two months, he wants to take her too. she's an important part in his success story, inspires the music he writes, keeps his temper from flaring and he wants to share this journey with her.

✈️✈️✈️

she always jokes, asks if he'll forget her when he gets famous, or will he still love her after traveling the world and seeing what it has to offer him. jaebum always kisses her worries away, promises that he'll never forget her. when he gets home, after a day of talking tour logistics, he finds her sitting at her desk, sketching away, with their cats lounging around her. "hey baby." he greets, walking over to kiss her.